13.

With my head high and eyes determined,  I exit the bathroom and walked back into the hallway that was leading to the part,  I was just at the dye of the hallway, and my eyes landed on Ethan,  he was standing beside her mom, who is whispering something in her ear. 

Ethan shook his head at whatever she said and he looked annoyed, an expression that he holds a lot around his mother, looking around,  I am sure to find some escape, I took a step towards him and save him from the misery. 

But even before I can exit the hallway,  I felt my elbows being gripped and my hand on my mouth and was dragged to a room. 

The room was dark, but I don't need light to know who has dragged me here. 

And I was proved right when brown orbs clashed with my forest greens,  his eyes filled with fury his jaw clenched. 

He has both his hands on either side of my head,  while I am looking scared into his eyes.

" Mr. Russo..." I whispered,  trying to take steps aside and free from his hold,  but even before I can move,  he moved closer, making it impossible to leave his trapped hands without brushing my body with his. 

I always thought I know my Xander well. But right at this moment,  it's becoming very hard for me to understand him. 

His actions make no sense. He needs to be closer to me and the way he kissed me,  nothing is making any sense to me. 

My Xander is not someone who will try to sleep with a claimed woman,  I any have lied but to him it's true,  he knows I am engaged to Ethan, and still, he did that. 

The thought constricted my chest,  all those tabloid news of his flings with models and businesswomen suddenly makes sense to me.  My eyes hatred,  feeling helpless and cheated. I know I can't blame but at the same time, I can't stop my heart from feeling the pain. 

It's inevitable.

I gulped my tears and looked at Xander. His once hard eyes were turning softer,  his tensed muscles relaxing,  he seems to be lost,  looking into my eyes he is searching for something,  his eyes held emotions,  my eyes fail to understand, and yet the need to smooth down his furrowed brow is at its peak. 

"I am sorry," he whispered,  lowering his forehead onto mine,  my eyes closed on their own,  just like his.

I don't know what was I expecting Xander to say but the apology was not on my list. 

A very hopeful part of me was expecting him to recognize me,  but I know it's a dream too big for me right now. 

But it's ok,  he is safe that's more than enough for me. 

The position we are standing in is too intimate for strangers. 

But the question is.

Are we stranger?

When did my life become this complicated, I have no idea. Things seem to be so out of hand.

And the consequence of what I faced that night,  the scenario imprinted on my head,  no matter how hard I try,  I can't get the image of,  Alexander Russo on his knees,  groaning in pain as of I was seeing life losing his body.