Confessing Sins

A/N:

Hey all, here's the latest chapter! I hope you like it! Please comment, I want to hear you guys! :D

WARNING: There are mentions of a trigger scene, having to do with rape. It is very brief and does not go into much detail, but I felt the need to point that out.

Enjoy!

0-0-0-0-0-0

After the somewhat awkward and honestly, good dinner. Charlie leads Irene to her office with a smile.

"So, what did you need to speak to me about?" Charlie asks while pushing the door open.

Irene follows her in and shuts the door calmly behind her, "I apologize for my abrupt visit, it really seems I have come at the worst of times."

She takes a seat in front of the desk and Charlie wanders over to the other side with a small frown. "You're not bugging me! I'm happy you came! This only makes me more curious as to why though."

Irene watches Charlie take a seat in her own chair and she leans back in hers with a tired sigh, "A demon's background is all they have here. It's personal and filled with the ugly things they did in their mortal life."

Charlie scoots forward until a sparkle ignites in her eyes, "No way. No way! You came here for redemption, didn't you!?" Charlie shouts with a giddy smile.

Irene sweat drops and swallows past the lump in her throat, "K-Keep it down! I don't need everyone knowing!" Irene cries in embarrassment.

Charlie squeals and jumps out of her chair, bouncing with excitement, "I can't believe it! Someone wants redemption, my first patient!" she shrieks with a wide grin.

Irene lets Charlie get out her buzzing energy in silence, not sure what to say. She can hardly believe it herself, for even believing in this option. "Hun, calm down!" Irene exclaims, feeling more nervous and wanting to leave more than ever; her actions making her most doubtful.

Charlie snaps out of it with a slightly embarrassed chuckle, "Whoopsie." she apologizes and sits back down in her seat with a calmer expression. "Okay! Why do you want to be redeemed?" she asks finally.

The question stumps Irene and she stills in her spot. Why...? She looks down at her lap as her mind races with reasons as to why. She fists her dress with agonistic memories. Her husband, murdering and doing the unspeakable. Soaked hands in dripping blood, not her own.

"I..." she starts off, only to cut herself off with a flinch. She doesn't know if she can do this.

A hand on her shoulder startles her from her thoughts and she whips her gaze up to meet Charlie's sympathetic look. Irene didn't even hear her get up.

"It's okay, admitting something can be harder than the thought of previously." Charlie encourages with a smile. "If you want to get better, I need a general base of what kind of sins you committed. It's a process."

Irene gives her a pained look, not wanting to think about it. "...I did two things to end up here." she mutters with a side glance.

Charlie removes her hand from her shoulder and sits back down in her chair. She stays silent to be respectful and patient. She twirls her hair in thought, her sins...were a subject she absolutely loathed. Taking a deep breath, she nods to herself, finding the need to confess them suddenly. To get them out of her wounded heart.

"I killed someone and then I killed myself." she mutters under her breath with a dark expression.

Irene didn't want to know what Charlie's face must look like. Probably disgusted, maybe even disappointed in her. She dares to look up only to find a warm look on her face and Irene stares in shock.