Death Date

Hellllo!

I bring you the new chapter! Lol nothing new. I hope you guys enjoy it >.<

Poor Irene, I put her through so much.

I might be posting new chapters not as often now that college has begun again. I have so much reading and writing to do for classes (life of an English major). But I wish to improve my writing because I know I can do better!

If you guys have any suggestions for chapters you might want to see in the future. Let me know, please!

Thanks for supporting this story, guys! 

0-0-0-0-0

Past Memory:

My house is what I consider cozy, you know? The kind of Southern cozy though. The whole wrap around porch and everything including a swinging bench outside. I don't mind it one bit. Their life was simple, to say the least. Nothing out of the ordinary, besides my husband. He's a quirky one, that's for sure. Of course, I knew this before marrying him. That's a detail I enjoyed about him. He always speaks his mind about a matter that he deems worthy.

However, he can be quite confusing at some moments.

At one point, he'll be perfectly content; then in a couple of hours, he could be cackling at a newspaper for no good reason. It really made no sense to me. I wasn't afraid to ask him, but I thought it might be best to not say anything about it. I've caught him lying a couple of times before too. They are small things, nothing really to worry about; though sometimes I wonder why he would lie about such things. 

I know all humans lie, that is no new discovery. It is odd perhaps, but I don't think about it too much. He treats me well, and I suppose that it can be overlooked for now. He was a great husband after all. Perfect in every way almost. If I didn't know it, I would say he was my idea of a 'perfect' man. How I was so lucky is inconclusive but I will take what I get and be happy with it. 

If there was one thing I loved about Alastor, it was his way of viewing the world around us. It concerns me sometimes though when he will laugh at someone who dies from something that is considered a 'dimwitted move'. This behavior is another thing that strikes me oddly. Whenever asked about, he deflects the question with another question. It irritates me to my own grave, but I do not wish to pick fights or arguments with the man. After all, he was such a supporting husband. Many women in this day and age, don't get that kind of treatment often. 

This does not damage my love for him though. It took a while to grow, but it now has so many layers that it almost scares me. While he tries so hard to understand me, I try to do the same back. I once read that it was smart to do this to prevent an unhealthy relationship. I've heard gossip from all around about how many housewives don't end up loving their husbands. Such a shame really. I guess I'm a fortunate one. I fully believe that whatever I and Alastor share, it is a connection of sorts. 

That may just be my love for him though, blocking my senses. I know for sure, that we do hold mutual respect for each other. That is quite important I would note. He has some, er, 'odd?' quirks I would call them. He doesn't like to be touched for one. I asked him why once, but all I could get was something about 'people being too friendly'; whatever that means. I'm his wife for goodness sake, I should be allowed to even touch the man. Perhaps, his trust in me is not that strong. Hopefully, he will overcome such sensitivity through our time together. 

Through these ramblings in my dairy, I realize more things odd about him. I know we have not been wedded long, perhaps a couple of months or so by now. However, Alastor has yet to touch me at all as well. I mean, not the 'touch of the arm' or 'a brush of a kiss' type of touch. I mean the kind where our night is well spent doing other 'activities'. Every woman talks about it and I suppose I wonder about such a 'hot' topic. There is no longing after me, as most women would call it. Nothing happened during our honeymoon or wedding night either.