Dismissing The Leftovers

A/N:

Hello, my lovely readers! 

Happy to see many of you are still enjoying this fanfic! 

So, I tried to find what Ryder in my mind looks like. I came across that photo above: It's originally from Gravity Falls, Bill Cipher Human Form.

FAIR WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER: SOME GORE (however, I kept it light and less descriptive for obvious reasons)

Enjoy the chapter, vote, and comment! Well, I like comments more honestly! I will post a Christmas chapter too for you guys! It'll be sweet and short most likely.

0-0-0-0-0-0

Walking out of the elevator, the doors close behind them with a 'snap'. A small demon sat at the desk that Irene's never seen before. Walking up to it, she clears her throat to announce their arrival. The demon looks up at her with one eye, appearing dead inside. She sweatdrops at the look and she offers a polite smile.

 "I'm here to see Mr. Ryder." 

The demon simply points to the door, "He's waiting inside."

She nods her thanks and walks over to the double doors that Ryder waits behind. She stares at it with confliction, not wanting to go inside. 

"What are you waiting for?~" Alastor asks from her side.

"To get out of here."

He chuckles a little, "Better make it quick then!" 

She sends him a small scowl and puts her hand on the handle with a long sigh. 

"Ma'am, your demon fellow cannot go in." the worker informs before she heads inside.

She frowns a little and peers up at Alastor, "Guess you'll have to wait. Not sure how long though."

"I guess it can't be helped then! Go on in!" he encourages while gesturing at the door. 

Narrowing her eyes at him suspiciously, she decides to ignore his change in behavior; this is something he would fight considering he wanted to accompany her. She pushes the door open and it creaks a little as she does. The office appeared the same, neat and tidy as usual. Ryder sat behind his desk, the chair facing toward him so he can't see her. She gulps involuntarily and moves closer to him. She couldn't find any words to say to him yet.

She hears a sigh come from Ryder, "Irene?" he asks.

His voice spooks her a little and she tugs a piece of her hair behind her ear, "Yes?" 

He sits up a little straighter his chair upon her voice. He swivels around to face her. He had a smile dancing on his lips. His sandy blonde hair bounces as he rests a hand on his chin. His yellow and black suit glimmering underneath the dim lights in the room. He always liked a darkened room.