Chapter 9

Shiro's POV
Today is a big day, for me actually. After Rengoku talked to me he also told me that I will become a pillar. I was shocked, happy and also can't believe that i'll become a pillar. I sighed while waiting for Uyakata-sama. All the pillars are watching me at the back. I turned and caught Rengoku's eyes staring at me, I blushed and avoided his stares, my face is so hot. A sudden image of me and Rengoku hugging together popped out making my face more flustered. The door suddenly opened revealing a man who is blind, is it a part of his illness?

" Is Mitzuki Shiro here?" His voice, it was so gentle and so kind. It feels like i'm facing my own father.

" Y-yes I'm here Uyakata-sama." I said and kneeled infront of the master. His smile didn't disappeared.

" I'm so happy that another one of my children will become a pillar." I smiled at him, I can't believe that I'm facing the Master in person. " Mizuki Shiro, are you willing to become a pillar and hunt demons?"

" Yes Uyakata-sama. Even if it meant sacrificing my life." I felt his hand on my head making me feel relaxed. I smiled and let him tapped my head.

" Now, you can go back. The gathering is now finished." He said then entered inside.

" That's great for you Shiro!" I felt Kanae hugged me making me smile at her. She then broke the hug, leaving us because she had a mission and her little sister will come with her. The other pillars also left for some reason, Uzui and Rengoku is the one who stayed beside me.

" Hey midget, stay for one night at the sound estate. I don't want to hear some whines in my house if you didn't say goodbye." He said while he ruffles my head, I just smiled and nod. I'll be missing them.

" Why not let me show you your estate." Rengoku said with his usual voice, I smiled and nod. Rengoku turned 19 last month, it's bad that we didn't celebrate becuase he didn't told me that it's his birthday but next year I'll give him a gift for sure. He stopped making me stopped also, my eyes widened. Infront of us is a big mansion.

" I-is this my e-estate?" I asked, he nod and started explaining it.

" Well your estate is close to mine and also Uzui so don't worry! If something happens to you we will come running for you!" I giggled making him stop and looked at me.

" Sorry, it's just I'm happy that I can be with you again." He didn't talk making me stare at his eyes widened, I realized that I said something making me blush. " D-don't misunderstand me, I-it's just I didn't see you for almost a month." I said panicking and don't know what to say, he just smiled and his eyes softened making my heart flutters.

" I'm also happy! Well I need to go, see you tomorrow Shiro!" He said then tapped my head, he started to walk until he is far enough for me to sigh and touch my heart. It's beating and my face is so hot. I can't really stop my feelings.

Rengoku's POV
When I finally left her, I stopped and look up watching the clouds in the sky. Her smile, it's so beautiful that my heart suddenly beats like a drum. I sighed and ruffles my head, I can't still figure it out, I'm confused. She is the only one who can make me act like this way. I wonder if father felt this way when she met mother. I annoyedly shook my head continued walking. I decided to enter the flame estate, father and my little brother should be eating right now.

I stopped when I saw Senjuro cleaning the house. My eyes sadened as I saw him with his gloomy face. Like my father he quits on training because his nichirin sword didn't change it's color. And he become more sad when our mother died. I approach him and smiled like I always do.

" Senjuro! Why are you cleaning you should eat with father." I said, he then stared at me but his eyes was the same.

" Father locked himself again, dringking sake." He said, I know he was sad, i'm also sad that I can't help both of them but I should cheer him up like I always do. I kneeled and place my hands on his shoulder while smiling widely.

" Don't be sad! Nii-san will eat with you even if father don't want to eat with us. Now! Let's eat." He smiled and nod following me inside. He then proceeds to the kitchen fixing our food while I entered to Father's room.

" Father! It's time to eat." He didn't answer yet he just continued dringking. " Fathe-"

" I ALREADY TOLD YOU DON'T TALK TO ME!!! WHAT IF YOU BECOME A PILLAR HUH!? IT DIDN'T CHANGE AFTER ALL! YOU ARE STILL WEAK!" It hurts as hell but I just ignored it and smiled. I then close the door going back to the kitchen.

" Father....yelled at you right? Nii-san." Senjuro said with tears in his eyes, I smiled and tapped his head.

" Don't cry! Let's just enjoy our food!" Yeah, I'm just here trying my best to cheer my brother, Father change so much and quit for some reason. But I don't know what it is. I stared at Senjuro who is eating quitely, I sighed. I guess, I can't do anything after all. What should I do mother?

Shiro's POV
I stared at Makio-nee, Suma-nee and Hinatsuru-nee who is cooking together while Uzui is sitting reading some books. The whole sorrounding is so quite that I can't stand it.

" Oi Midget, I'm happy you became a pillar." Uzui said making me smile, he really can't show his true feelings.

" Well, I can't even believe it but thanks to you for training me when Rengoku is not around." I said with a smile on my face, he just humned in response.

" I've been wondering Midget, you and that flame boy are close but why can't you call him by his first name." My face suddenly blushed, now that I think about it, I never mentioned his first name for almost a year.

" W-well, I don't think he will like it if I call him by his name." I replied, he just scoffed.

" That flame boy is kind enough, and don't worry if you call him by his first name he will really loved it." I just blinked my eyes not replying, is he helping me? I smiled making him stare at me confused.

" Thank you Nii-sama." His eyes widened but smiled softly.

" Now that you're leaving us why don't you start calling me 'Nii-sama' starting today." I grinned and nod, even if I can't stay here anymore I will still visit them and also I will enjoy this long night with them. I'm sure I will miss them but Sound estate is not that far to my estate so I can easily see them. Mother, Father please watch Shinka for me and thank you for giving me life to meet such a wonderful family. I promise to you that I'll live for the sake of our ancestors.

*******
Please vote and Comment!