Chapter 10

Shiro's POV
I was walking towards my own estate just looking around. It was so big yet I still don't have enough people on it. Uyakata-sama also insisted to me that I should have a  servant who can help me if I'm tired from my mission. It's a little bit weird that all of my servants are girls and the one who requested it is none other than Uzui. Kanae didn't yet return but I hope she is okay. I decided to take a walk outside leaving the Ice estate, I still didn't receive any mission today so I'm bored and also don't have someone to talk to. Uzui had a mission and of course his three wives went with him. I suddenly bumped someone making me snapped out, when I looked at the one whom I bump my eyes widened.

" Kyaaaah! Rengoku why did you become small and young!!" I said while kneeling staring at him with worried face.

" I-i thing you've mistaken me from my brother." When I heard the 'brother' word, I blinked my eyes then realize that he is Rengoku's younger brother. I hope he didn't think that I'm weird, but he really looks like Rengoku, it feels like he is the younger version of Rengoku.

" I'm Rengoku Senjuro." He said with a smile. He is so adorable and he really looks like Rengoku.

" Mitzuki Shiro. Nice to meet you Senjuro." It's weird if I call him Rengoku so I'll just call him by his first name. I see, infront of me is the flame estate, it's so wide and big.

" Are you looking for my brother?" He asked making my heart thump.

" N-no I was just passing by, but is he here?" I asked, his eyes sadened making me look at him confused. " Is there something wrong?"

" W-well, he was trying to talk to my father but, father always pushed him. So I think Nii-san is on the garden trying to calm his head." He said with sad voice, I kneeles and tapped his head.

" Don't worry, can you let me talk to him?" I smiled, he stared at me but nod starting to walk inside making me follow him. It's not that far so we arrived in a minute. Senjuro said that I should cheer him up because his brother was just trying to be strong. He also said that I should just walk and approach him. He opened the door and I saw Rengoku quitely sitting. Senjuro smiled and nod making me approach him. He seems notice me so he turned back, his eyes widened but then smiled.

" What are you doing here Shiro?" His smiled is forced making me worried for some reason. This is my first time seeing him so sad, I can tell it by looking at his aura. It's not that bright anymore. I sit beside him and smiled.

" Your brother was worried at you so he asked me to cheer you up."

Third Person's POV
Rengoku was shocked, he can't believe that his brother did that. He just stared at Shiro who is smiling, he don't want to bother Shiro so he didn't talk nor spoke to her.

" Is there something bothering you Rengoku?" Her soft voice makes his heart thump like a drum. He just smiled a little and stared at the sky.

" Nothing, it's just I felt so empty right now. My dream on becoming a pillar came true but my father didn't like it. He just pushed me away and ignored me. Even Senjuro become so gloomy after he realize that his sword didn't change color and quit, and after our mother died." He was shocked that he opened himself, he knows that he can manange this problem alone but why did he opened his heart to this girl. Shiro just smiled and faced him.

" So that's whar bothering you, I didn't know that you've been also enduring something. I'm also enduring, after my family got killed, I tried my best to live for their sake. And after knowing that my twin brother become a demon, I felt so sad and also regretful." His eyes widened, her brother became a demon, it must be hard for her. " But even if we face something like that, let's just try our best to fight."

He was amazed at what she said, Rengoku never met someone like her. She is so kind, warm and also had a pure heart.

" Let me see you smile again Rengoku." Shiro smiled widely, he don't know what to do so he pulled Shiro into a tight hug, his left arm was wrapped in her waist while his other one hold Shiro's head. He was thankful to met someone like her, and he didn't regret having a special feelings towars her. Shiro was shocked but hugged him back. After a minute they broke the hug while facing each other.

" Shiro, can you call me by my first name." She was shocked but then smiled and nod. Rengoku's hands suddenly carrassed Shiro's face while their face got closer and closer.

" Caaaaw!!! A news from all the pillar!" They flinch and avoid each other's gazes, Shiro was blushing so hard, they nearly kissed, she was a little disappointed because of the crow who disturbed them.

" Caaaw! Kocho Kanae died! Pillar of flower Kocho Kanae died!" Both of them were shocked, they can't believe that one of the pillar died. Shiro suddenly cried making Rengoku hugged her, he knows that the Kanae and Shiro are close to each other. He is also sad that one of her friend died and it hurts more seeing Shiro cried in pain.

Shiro just let herself cry while Rengoku is comforting her. She knows that Shinobu and Kanao was also crying in pain, she can feel it all of the estate was filled with sadness, but what can they do. Death was always be with them.

*****
Shiro's POV
I smiled as I placed a flower to Kanae's grave, it's been a week since she died, Kyojuro had some mission so I was alone visiting Kanae.

" I'm sorry if I didn't visit you last week Kanae, after all I have a mission. Shinobu and Kanao is doing fine. Please watch over us. I'll visit you again Kanae." I smiled and started leaving the grave, today it's my day off today so I decided to visit Kanae. Kyojuro still didn't finish his mission so I'm alone again. But I also need to train some of the slayers who is still weak.

I also turned 19 this week, I smiled when I remeber that day,Kyojuro gave me a simple gift, it was a hair pin with a butterfly on it. Uzui and his wives also gave me something simple,  so I was so happy. I'm so lucky to have them,  I wished this happiness will never end.

*****
Sorry if I didn't add Shiro's birthday, I was just so busy and these day I become lazy so please bear with me.

Please vote and comment!