POV: Hailey

I'll go back three years ago. I was playing cards with my six-year-old sister, Hannah. Mom was busy baking a cake. "Let's climb a tree," I said. Before I knew it I was scrambling up a tree trunk. I was at least 20 ft high and Hannah was right behind me. 

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!", I turned around and to my surprise, Hannah was falling. I quickly reached out to her and screamed when I realized I couldn't get hold of her. In a split second, she hit the ground with a thud. Mommy ran out the front door and dashed across the yard. I scurried down the tree and started crying, '' Mommy! Mommy! "Mom fell to her knees and scooped Hannah up." Call 911! ", I ran as fast as I could and called dispatch." They're sending a helicopter and firetruck! 

None of us knew what was actually going to happen. 

By the time help came, Hannah's eyelids wouldn't stop blinking. A Fireman and women ran to Hannah. The man cradled Hannah in his arms and waved a gesture towards Mom. They ran to the helicopter, where two women were waiting. One had the door open and the other was ready to fly. They helped Mom up and got in the front. Within ten seconds it was out of sight. 

After that, I ran inside and set the home phone on the table. I called Daddy again and again and again. I panicked. I don't know why but I ran to Hannah's bedroom and snatched a few of her toys. I ran back to the phone and called Mommy, then Daddy, Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy. When Dad picked up, I screamed in the phone, "Mommy and Hannah are at the hospital, they went in an Airplane, please come home!", I hung up and cried. 

Dad ran inside, minutes later "Let's go, now! Come on ", Daddy grabbed my hand and buckled me up in his truck. We were going very fast down the road and I told Daddy what happened. When we reached the Hospital 20 minutes later, He pulled up at the entrance and held me on his hip as he ran inside, and up the stairs. "Michael Stewart?", The receptionist says. Daddy shows her his id and She walks us inside a hall and says into a walkie-talkie, "Stewart for 216." She Knocks on a door and opens it for us.

I was nine then, and I couldn't help feeling afraid. As Daddy ran into the room I saw Hannah Lying in a bed hooked to machines and tubes. Her eyes were droopy with tears rolling down her face. Hours past and Hannah couldn't speak. Mommy hugged me tight as we sat, waiting. We waited all day for Hannah to get well. 

It was soon past midnight and I was tired. I didn't fall asleep though. "She'll be alright, I know she will, just don't take her," Mommy prayed. 

I remember waiting for a really long time. Then a doctor took Mommy aside and seconds later she burst into tears and screamed. "This can't happen, it can't happen." The doctor told us all what was going on. The machines were barely keeping her alive. She had no sign of life in her. She died in Mom and Dad's arms seconds later. 

Doctors said she couldn't survive such a severe head injury. 

 I didn't do school for a whole week. Instead, I wondered what Hannah was doing up in Heaven. What do you do in heaven? Did she miss us terribly, like we did now?