POV: Hailey

"Like I need more things on top of everything!",I was sitting at the counter trying to do homework with Angel on my lap.Mom was on the phone with dad.By the way, my hair grew back, it's past my shoulders now.I'm fourteen and Angel is a little over one year old.I talk to him a lot, forgetting he's deaf.Lately, though I haven't felt too well.I have an awful headache and I feel very thirsty.I've noticed this a lot, maybe for over six years, but it's getting worse.'I'll tell mom after she gets off the phone, hey I feel sort of dizzy and why am I feeling ill?'.Geez! I crashed to the floor and suddenly I felt like I had a great loss of energy.Mom ran to my side.I told her the whole story through sobs."Oh!Hailey, you should've told me earlier, years ago!",She lay me on the couch and stuck a thermometer in my mouth.She picked up Angel and called a taxi."We're going to the hospital!The doctor needs to see you immediately", I was feeling very strange as mom carried me to the taxi and into the hospital.Dad was on his way.I had no idea if I had a fever or what was wrong.A doctor helped me onto a stretcher and wheeled me down the hall, Mom running next to it.I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew Dad was next to me with mom by his side."Hailey Stewart, this is very serious.We have noticed these signs before and last year after your accident we saw some changes in our tests.We should've studied it much more", The doctor says."What's wrong with me?Am I sick?How long has this been inside of me?".It turned out I was very sick.I'd be in the hospital for over a week.I've had diabetes since I was born and the doctors have never noticed!What the heck?!Anyways Mom was very upset at the doctors and she kept saying they were crazy.So I found out I'm a diabetic,great.I'm called a brittle diabetic, which is a case very hard to control.Diabetes is this thing in your pancreas.When your pancreas can't produce enough insulin, you half to give it to yourself.So before I knew it I was giving myself insulin injections every day.I've been out of the hospital for over a week.Bradley came to visit me a lot over the summer, which just began when I was being hospitalized. I never really got a chance to tell him what was going on.I told him how I thought we should go out soon.Then he said he thought we should.So on Friday, I got permission to go to dinner.We had a big fight.It was horrible.I said something rude, he shot back with a curse.I flipped him off and ran home, in tears.