Diver x Jealous!F!reader

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Hey, sooo. I published a new book, it's not an 'xreader' book or anything like that, moreover it's a book about my Splatoon Manga Team: 'Team Swap', basically a story about one of my mANy OCs. You don't have to read it if you're not into that, but it'd be appreciated if you could check it out. 。゚(゚'ω'゚)゚。
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Requested by: DuffalEddHead
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Being invited to one of Aloha's many parties, (Y/N) would of course see the rest of team Pink and the S4 there. Heck, Even The Monarch Team came to his parties, as the special guests of course. She would always enjoy her time there, she really felt at home with Team Pink around. Ever since Aloha introduced her to his team, she started becoming a part of it oddly enough, despite the obviously 'Maximum Four Players Per Team' limitation, but that was out of the question. First off, Aloha, he was like a dad to (Y/N). You know, that typical dad that constantly makes jokes? Only of course Aloha is a huge flirt with a lot of cephalopods, but everyone survives in the end. Straw, Straw was always fun to hang around with, like a sister. Both (Y/N) and Straw would often hang out with each other and do tYpIcAl GiRl stUfF. Oh, 'What does that mean?' You ask? Uhh.. Typical Girl stuff., Is.. Turf wars, i mean come o-

Then you had Octoglasses, she would mostly tag along when (Y/N) and Straw were hanging out, the three were an unstoppable team while playing Salmon Run, since, you know, Aloha doesn't seem to really have any motivation in gathering those golden salmonid eggs, according to his bold claim of: 'There are no girls here, so i have no mOtivAtion.'
Good thing the unstoppable Salmon Run trio would do the job and let Aloha get away with slacking off scott-free. And last but not least, Diver, the (I/C) colored squid's crush. The laidback, prideful squid was very close to (Y/N). (Y/N) vividly remembers Diver insulting Aloha's 'Disco Ball Dance', oh, now that was perfect. Of course Aloha didn't like that, [Aloha will remember that.] but everyone just couldn't help it, Diver got him good. Now, Octoglasses, Straw and (Y/N) may form the unstoppable Salmon Run Trio, but Diver and (Y/N) know how to handle the battlefield. Although sometimes, Diver can get pretty lazy in between their teamwork synergy, they still wreck the opposite team more then half of the time. Back to the present, Team Pink invited (Y/N) to their weekly party, this time at New Albacore Hotel since it was all squeaky brand new. A lot of jellyfish were already floating around in the water with their floaties, how adorable!

"Yo!" Diver greeted (Y/N). "AcK!- You scared me there!..Hiya, Diver!" She responded before giving a little wave. "So, how ya doing?" She asked her crush. "I'm doing alright. Just waitin' for the guests. How about you?" He asked in return, shifting his eyes towards hers. "I'm doing great! I'm excited for the party." "Like always." Diver added with a smirk on his face. "Psh..! This one is extra exciting because we're doing this at N e w  A l b a c o r e  H o t e l!" She emphasized the last few words. "Yeah yeah, Hey, If you want, we can go swim in one of the pools later." The male inkling suggested, "It'd be fun. I can't promise you though I won't completely destroy you in a splash contest!" He grinned. "We'll see about that!" (Y/N) competitively put a hand on her hip. "Heeey, no need to get all sassy there missy." Diver snorted, "Wh- Shuddap! You literally wear a scuba diver outside of water." She stuck out her tongue. "That's cause i could dive into the water at any moment, you know?" The two ended up laughing at their silly conversation.

After a while, the guests started rolling in. Aloha was hanging out with the rest of the S4, playing a few boardgames since they wanted to know who was the best member out of the S4. So you know, settle things in a turf wa- With boardgames. Diver was minding his own business, and (Y/N) was with Octoglasses and Straw. "Take a shot for everytime Aloha flirts with a girl in this party!" Octoglasses suggested. "But we did that laaaast time, Remember?! We got so drunk.." Straw pouted, "Come on, Can't we pause the 'take a shot' thing?? I seriously don't want to end up in the sink again-" She crossed her arms. "Pffft.. Oh yeahh, the sink." (Y/N) snorted at the memory of it, good times. "We didn't even get badly drunk, all we did was stupid things like Team Blue would!" Octoglasses rolled her eyes. The trio continued to chat, until (Y/N) ended up staring at Diver while he was scrolling on his phone. '..Oh right..! Weren't we going to go swimming later?.. Eh. I'll ask him in a bit.' She thought to herself before noticing another Inkling Girl walking towards him. 'Ahaha, what?' She internally screamed. The girl hugged him and was being all lovey dovey, ouch, that hurt. Octoglasses and Straw stopped their conversation and put a hand on their friend's shoulder, "Hey, you're expression's faltering, something the matter?" Octoglasses asked out of concern. "Yeah, you kinda fell silent." Straw agreed before looking at what (Y/N) was staring at. Oh. Now they understood. "Aww, Is (Y/N) jealous?~" Octoglasses teased. "Psh.. i'm not.." (Y/N) puffed her cheeks. "Okay.. Maybe." She sighed. "I just.. You know.. Haaaaah.." she fumbled around with her words. "Heh, we get it, Don't worry about it! That girl literally just saw him and decided 'oH wOw I LoVe hIm nOw.' You feel? Diver knows you waaay better then her." Octoglasses comforted her. Straw nodded in agreement, "She's right!" "Hah.. Thanks guys. Well, i'm gonna go and ask Diver if he still wants to chill in the pool, see you two later!" She waved before she left.

"Ahaha! You're so funny!" She heard the Inkling girl compliment. "Heh. Thanks.-" Diver thanked her, although really all what he did was say four random words. "Yo, Diver!" Diver heard a familiar someone call for him. As he turned around, he saw (Y/N), "Oh hey!" He greeted. "Wanna chill in the pool for a bit? Come oooon, we gotta have a rematch at the Splash contest!" She asked him, having a determined expression on her face. "Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Sorry. Let's go!" Diver stood up since he was laying down on a beach chair thINg and walked with his very close friend to the pool. Although, the Inkling Girl that was talking to Diver the whole time ended up going after them, despite that neither (Y/N) or Diver really asked her if she would join in. "Soooo, Who're you?" The stranger asked (Y/N). "Oh, the name's (Y/N), super fresh to meetcha!" She held out a hand for a handshake, to which the stranger responded, "Uhmm. Yeah. My name's Itaru." She introduced but didn't even end up shaking hands with her. So, The (I/C) squid slowly returned her arm to its original postion. "All right, Diver, Let's see who stays the longest underwater! And no, you can't use your scuba divers!" (Y/N) put up a finger and wagged it from right to left. "Pshh.. Fineee. But i'll win regardless." Diver shrugged, playfully rolling his eyes. "Three, Two, ooon-" "Isn't this kinda stuff kinda.. Childish? You're at a party you know. Be like.. An adult. Right, Diverkins?" Itaru cut the two off from even letting their competition commence. 'Who the actual fu-' (Y/N) screamed on the inside and let out a deep sigh, "..I mean.." She mumbled. "Nah." Diver spoke up, "Literally no one asked you to come here what's-your-face." He stuck out his tongue, "Me and (Y/N) are mindin' our own business, buzz off if you're going to be a buzzkill."

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"OOOOOOOOOOH COD HE DID IT AGAIN HE DID IT AGAI-"
"BrO IM—"

Aloha, Straw and Octoglasses were just 'OOOO'ing in the background. Itaru stormed off and decided to just leave. Heck, was she even invited?

"..Hey, (Y/N), you know what's not so childish?"

"Eh? What Diver-"

"This."

Smooch.

"OH MY COOOOOOD—" Octoglasses fangirled.

Diver, just, kissed, (Y/N).

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ─────
H
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ─────
Words; 1413