♡|| Army: Hm?

➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┊
         ┊           ┊✧ ⁺               •┊         ┊       ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍.       ✧┊         ┊            ✧┊ ➶ 。˚    °🌙            *    ·          *
ˏˋ⋆ ᴡ ᴇ ʟ ᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴇ ⋆ˊˎ
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
type: fluff
requested by: Tanner3000
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
Oneshot: Nerd!Army x Octoling!Reader
➺✧┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Double Army. I feel like I wrote the most oneshots for Army wheeze.

┊           ┊✧ ⁺               •┊         ┊       ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍.       ✧┊         ┊            ✧┊ ➶ 。˚    °🌙            *    ·          *

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓
↳ open [Hm?] ?
┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛
┊[✔] yes [ ] no
↻ request is processing...˘͈ᵕ˘͈
┊           ┊✧ ⁺               •┊         ┊       ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍.       ✧┊         ┊            ✧┊ ➶ 。˚    °🌙            *    ·          *

Ever since more and more Octolings began attending Inkopolis Plaza High, The school turned into a much more colorful one. At first everyone was a bit skeptical of the Octolings, but that soon faded away. Sure, a small part of the school still thought lowly of Octolings, But sometimes, You just can't change a person's mind and just let them be. (Y/N) was one of the first Octolings to attend the school. When she first entered, a group of four blue Inklings greeted her and showed her around. They were really nice to her, Nonetheless funny too. They hit it off and became friends. This led to meeting the popular team S4 which consisted of Aloha, Army, Skull and Mask.

Who are the four Inklings you may ask? Goggles, Specs, Headphones and Bobble. Together, they formed Team Blue.

Right now, (Y/N) was exiting out of her classroom seeming as her first period of class ended. She walked to her locker only to be greeted by Mask. "Heeey, (Y/N)." He sloppily greeted. "Hi, Mask!" The Octoling smiled at him. "Have you heard of the new game yeeet?" He asked as he put away some of his books into his locker, which was right next to hers. "Oh, You mean Cephalopod Crossers? Yeah! I really wanna buy it.." She dreamed of owning the newly released game. After watching the trailer for it, her eyes were set on it immediately. Despite the game being all cutesy, Even Mask wanted to buy the game.

"I'm planning on buuuying it after school. If you waaant, we can play it together in the weekend." Mask offered as he shut his locker door. "Oooh, I'd love to! I'll see you then, Mask!" The (I/C) colored Octopus nodded as she shut her locker door as well, Going to her next classroom. Checking her schedule, she noticed that it was Math, The class she shared with Army. (Y/N) might be from the Octarian army, But her best skills were more on the attack- and defensive side, making her one of the Octolings that would confront any threat and be more out on the field.

She entered the classroom, took a seat, and was immediately greeted by a sheet of paper on her desk saying; " Test Failed: Grade F. " Awh carp. The Octoling froze in place for a second, She was usually pretty good at math, what went wrong this time then? She facepalmed onto her desk and internally cried.

Army walked into the classroom, taking a seat at his desk as well, which was behind (Y/N)'s desk. He noticed her posture, and then looked at the sheet of paper that was on her desk. He then puzzled the pieces together and made out that she failed her test, explaining her silence. Usually everytime Army would walk in, The girl would greet him. To say the least, Army was oddly interested in her. She was an Octoling for starters, but so nice too. He could only imagine what it was like underground.

Sometimes during recess, He would ask her a few questions about her life underground. He seemed to genuinely enjoy his time with her, but he mostly keeps a blank face to avoid causing a fuss. His grades, man. His grades are important.

To (Y/N), it sometimes looked like Army looked down on her for some reason. She thought he asked those questions to make fun of her, but he never did. He was nice to her, helps her out. Okay, Almost everyone in the school likes her, but the strict aura Army radiates makes her worry. She secretly loved him, For it seemed like he was trying to get her to know her, He respected her, helped her out and much more. But it still felt like he looked down on her.

"..Hm. If you need any help with correcting your mistakes, I could certainly help." A voice behind her asked. "Huh?" The Octarian snapped out of her trance, noticing that a figure was next to her, leaning over her desk, looking at her failed test. "Ah- Army! Uhm.. If you want!.. I don't wanna waste your time or anything." (Y/N) responded to his offer. "I insist. These questions will certainly be on the exams as well. Meet me after school in the courtyard outside, The place we usually talk during recess sometimes." Army spoke as he retreated to his seat. The place Army was talking was near the fountain of the school, It had a roof over it and two tables and two benches under it. Not many students come there to begin with, Making it Army's favorite spot to study in during recess and chat with his friends.

Timeskipping 'til after school, (Y/N) grabbed her books and headed to the designated place Army invited her to come. Well, more over insisted her to come. She saw him already writing down a few things in his manual as per usual. She sat down next to him and opened her math textbook. "I'm here just like you asked me to." The Octoling said. The nerd nodded, "Alright then. Mind showing me your test?" He asked.

She took out her test from her backpack, Shoving it to him on the table. He scanned her test, analyzing the mistakes and such. "It seemed like you mixed up a lot of terms." Army concluded. "Ah- I did?" "Mhm. I wouldn't blame you though, This chapter is hard to begin with." He assured his classmate.

Army went on to teach (Y/N) a few things. She started to learn from her mistakes, and Army would sometimes throw in a question about her life instead of her past life.

"You did great. I see improvement." Army closed his textbook. The Octarian gasped slightly, "I did?— Thank you for helping me, Army!" She hugged the nerd. "...You're utmost welcome." He spoke. (Y/N) let go, "Army?"

"Hm?" He hummed as he packed his stuff.

"Do you look down on me?.. Because I'm an Octoling and.. All?"

"...Of course not. Quite the opposite. I'm.. More interested. Apologies if I gave you that feeling." Army apologised, His face glowing an orange tint from embarrassment.

"No, No! Its okay! I was just.. Worried." She admitted.

"Would you like to.. Hang out sometime, (Y/N)? Something about you just.. Piques my interest." Army offered.

"..I'd love to!" (Y/N) smiled happily, making Army blush. He passed her his number, Picked up his schoolbag before asking her if she would like to walk home with him.

Of course she accepted.

The two peacefully walked together, Smiles resting on their faces as they chatted away. When the two were about to part ways, Army gave her a kiss on the forehead, Playing with her hair a bit before saying a sweet goodbye, parting ways with her.

┊ ┊✧ ⁺ •┊ ┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍. ✧┊ ┊ ✧┊ ➶ 。˚   °🌙 * · *
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┊
This man can have all of my uwus. Hope he wasn't too out of character, but I liked writing this one.
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┊
┊ ┊✧ ⁺ •┊ ┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍. ✧┊ ┊ ✧┊ ➶ 。˚   °🌙 * · *