✧ || Rider : I think you're great.

➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┊
┊ ┊✧ ⁺ •┊ ┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍. ✧┊ ┊ ✧┊ ➶ 。˚   °🌙 * · *
ˏˋ⋆ ᴡ ᴇ ʟ ᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴇ ⋆ˊˎ
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
type: angst, fluff.
requested by: -
summary: (Y/N) had started doubting herself, no longer feeling so lively as she used to be. Maybe the cold, serious Inkling Rider could help her.
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
(T/N) = Team Name
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
Sorry for the gloomy content lately, I've just been feeling a bit sad lately and needed a breather, but I hope you'll enjoy this oneshot nonetheless.

┊ ┊✧ ⁺ •┊ ┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍. ✧┊ ┊ ✧┊ ➶ 。˚   °🌙 * · *

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓
↳ open ["I think you're great."]?
                      ┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛                               
┊[✔] yes [   ] no
↻ request is processing...˘͈ᵕ˘͈
┊ ┊✧ ⁺ •┊ ┊ ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍. ✧┊ ┊ ✧┊ ➶ 。˚   °🌙 * · *

The rain drops tapped the floor lightly. Not holding an umbrella, (Y/N), walked her way towards Inkopolis Square. You see, the (I/C) squid had decided to take a walk to take a breather outside of Inkopolis Square, near Inkopolis Plaza. Despite the huge distance, she decided to walk there all the way. Her feet were tired, her eyes were droopy, she could only dream of sleeping in her bed without a care in the world.

Her team had left her, All because she wasn't 'good' enough. Nowhere near their rank, she had the lowest rank of their team. One teammate was in S+3, While the other two were in S+4. But her? She was in A+. Close to S rank, yet not enough to please her team. Ever since then doubt settled into her system.

That horrible thought of her not fitting in anywhere. If she was S+ too, Maybe her team wouldn't of abandoned her.

(Y/N) stopped by a familiar road. The road every Inkling faced before entering Inkopolis Square, the.. Er.. Tutorial road as they call it. Memorizing everything she had to do before getting to the super jump pad, she decided to rest near the grates. Her eyes slowly fluttering closed, she could hear someone else approaching her.

"Not now.."

She thought in her head, Not wanting to deal with someone. The rain slightly stung, but, falling in the water was even worse. Rain doesn't really kill in Inkling or Octopus either, It just slightly stings every now and then. But everyone was immune enough to face it.

"..I didn't expect someone to be here." A deep voice sounded.
"Neither did I." (Y/N) tiredly responded before looking up to meet eyes with the stranger.

Ah.
It was him.
Rider.

"Oh. You must be the S+ Rider." She said before slowly averting her eyes, her knees close to her chest. "Yeah. I am. So tell me, what brings an Inkling like you to this place?" Rider asked the girl. "..Was on my way back to Inkopolis Square." She responded. "By foot?" "Yeah."

"What about you?"

"I wanted to relive being a newbie I guess you could say. Being an S+ makes you miss the basics sometimes." Rider let out a 'heh' at the end, simply closing one eye. "You look tired." He pointed out, as he leaned against the wall. "Mhm.." (Y/N) hummed in response. "I believe I've seen you in a turf war before. You're (Y/N), from Team (T/N), Aren't you?" Rider looked at the girl.

Ouch, that stung.

No, not the rain, but the mention of her team.

The team that left her.

"..Not anymore." (Y/N) exhaled, already feeling the words of her teammates stab her back again.

"..Hm? How so?" The male frowned.

"..Kicked out. They left me." The female responded bluntly.

"Why?"

"I don't think you would care, Sir.. You're in S+ after all. I'm just someone in A+." She said with a slight lace of bitterness at the end upon saying her own rank.

"Don't be like that. If it helps you you can talk to me 'bout it. You sound upset." Rider clicked his tongue, sitting down next to her.

"Everyone in Team (T/N) was at least above S+2, But me? I was in A+. I wasn't as good as my teammates, I always let them down, I'm not good enough at my main weapon, I can't be a backliner, Midliner, front liner, H-Heck.. Nothing at all..! I can't just.. I can't be any help to anyone!.. That's.. That's what they all told me!.. And it's- It's true!.. I-" (Y/N) started sobbing at the end, hearing the words of her teammates over and over, echoing in her head. Ever since she started doubting on even participating in matches at all.

The sobbing girl felt a hand on hers, soft and warm. "I think you're great." The owner of the hand, Rider, Said mindlessly, slowly making eye contact with her. He kissed away her tears, "And don't think otherwise. Your team just can't handle amazing people like you." His cheeks were covered in his yellow-green ink color. "..Let's get you home, (Y/N)." He said as he stood up, offering his hand for her. The girl's cheeks were dusted with a layer of (I/C). She sniffed, "..O-Okay.." She responded as she took his hand, standing up, but it felt like her legs were just going to give up on her as she was about to fall forwards.

Rider stopped her fall and ended up holding her close to his chest, Maybe just a bit longer in the rain. In the peaceful silence.

┊           ┊✧ ⁺               •┊         ┊       ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍.       ✧┊         ┊            ✧┊ ➶ 。˚    °🌙            *    ·          *
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┊
Mm. Rider.
➺✧ ┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┊
┊           ┊✧ ⁺               •┊         ┊       ❁ཻུ۪۪🤍.       ✧┊         ┊            ✧┊ ➶ 。˚    °🌙            *    ·          *