{Prologue}

Nico di Angelo

Nico wanted to wake up.
He couldn't.

The memories still haunted him. He wanted to move on. He wanted to forget. All of which he couldn't. He still remembered that night. Five years ago.

He saw his mother, beautiful and calm as always, even though she had dark bags under her dull brown eyes. Her dark hair was pulled back in a really messy bun, so she tried clipping them back.
Six year old Nico flipped through the pages of the Album and giggled, showing his mother and his older sister Bianca, the pictures from their trip to Italy last year. She smiled warmly at him as she braided Bianca's hair, who didn't care much and maintained her poker-face.
Nico's family was of Italian origin, however his mother had to transfer to Washington DC due to her 'work', but his made sure her kids knew their home culture and traditions. They visited Italy at least thrice a year, but their mother would get caught up with her 'work' and they would have to leave soon. She was constantly busy with her part time jobs and house chores, but she made enough time to spend with her kids. Neither Bianca nor Nico knew what 'work' their mother did but they didn't Mind. Well mostly Nico didn't. Even without a father's love his life was perfect. Everything was perfect.
Until...Bianca...

"It's ok Nico, Bia will be fine" His mother told him, though it sounded more like she was trying to convince herself. "Everything will be fine piccolo. Bianca andrè bene."
She carried the unconscious Bianca, wrapped in a blanket, and ran for the garage. Nico grabbed the car keys and opened the door for his mother. She quickly laid Bianca on the backseat, adjusting the blanket so no part of the girl was left uncovered. Nico could see his mother was panicking but she tried her best to stay calm, for Nico's sake, she didn't want to scare her son.
But Nico was beyond terrified for his sister. Bianca's seizures had gotten severe. It would take place much more often than it usually did. But today had been the worst of all. Nico glanced at Bianca.

She almost seemed dead...

Nico shook that thought away immediately.
"Bianca is going to be fine" he told himself."Mama said so."
His mother got into the car. Nico followed behind her. Instead of letting him in, she locked all the doors. Nico looked at his mother.
"Mama?"
"Don't worry Nico. We will be back in some time, go to bed you have school tomorrow" she smiled at her son, she forced herself to. She was terrified of what might happen to her daughter, but Nico knew his mother was strong, so he did what he was told. His mother started the engine and drove off. Nico stood there on the front porch, watching the car speed away until it disappeared from sight. He then entered his home, locking the door behind him.
"They'll be back". He went up the stairs to his room.
"Bianca will be fine". Nico finally dozed off into slumber.
"Everything will be fine. Mama and Bianca will come back"

They never came back...

--------------------
Offffffffffff!!!!
Ok there we go!! I can't believe I finally posted this...hope you guys like this💜💜
Edit: holy crap I wrote the spellings of prologue wrong!!!! Lmao 😂 got too excited I guess...