Childhood friends

You had been a journalist for a few years now but today was your first time at a press junket for a big film, Beautiful Boy. You had known that Timothée was in the film but apparently wasn't turning up to today's set of interviews. This upset you as you and Timmy had been childhood best friends once upon a time but you moved away to England so you both had lost touch. Still even though Timothée wasn't going to be there, you were still as excited to be interviewing Steve.

You had just turned up to where the press junket was being held, when you get a call from your boss.

"Oh hey y/n, i was just calling to ask if you still had your questions on you incase Timothée Chalamet was able to turn up today?"

Slightly anxious of why she was asking you, you replied with

"Er yeah sure they're in my bag..is he..er..coming today now?"

"Yeah he managed to catch a flight to london this morning so will be there shortly. You sound nervous, you will be fine I promise!"

Little did she know the reason why you were nervous wasn't because it was your first junket for a big film, even though that was slightly nerve-wracking, it was because you were about to come face-to-face with your childhood best friends of 11 years  after being out of touch for about 10. Every single scenario was running through your head at once - would he even recognise you?

There he was. Right in front of you. You took a slow walk over to the interview area, Timothée too busy having touch ups by the makeup artist to notice you at first. Steve started chatting away to you until Timothée looked up and said

"Hey nice to meet you!"

you smiled, understanding that he probably doesn't recognise nor remember you so you replied as the cameras started rolling with,

"Hello to both of you, I'm y/n, I hope your day is going great so far."

Bring the inquisitive person as he is Timothée looked at you confused and asked

"I'm not meaning to come across in a way but have you got a slight american accent?"

His question took you by surprise but you had to reply so nervously you spoke

"Ah yeah well basically I lived in america for the first 11 years of my life but moved here with my family so i guess i picked up a slight accent from being for a long time.. anyway i'm here to interview you so tell me about beautiful boy."

*After the interview*

The interviewed had wrapped up and you were packing your things way when you felt a tap on the shoulder, you turned around to come face to face with Timothée. A small blush crept on your face as Timmy smiled to you and exclaimed

"y/n right?"

"err yeah"

"now i know this is going to sound very random and i'm going to be so embarrassed if i'm incorrect but.."

you all if a sudden became very nervous about what Timothee was about to ask

"ah man so i thought you looked really my familiar so i messaged my mom about a childhood friend i used to have and i-"

"-it's me!"

you blurted out quicker than you mind could process what you just said

"we were friends up until i moved away with my family."

you bowed your head down waiting for his response, which came almost instantly with a loud

"OH MY GOD MAN YOU SHOULD'VE SAID SOMETHING!! we had the best time as kids ah man this is wild!!!"

you giggled at his response

"i've got 2 more interviews to do then we should totally hang out, yeah?"

you looked at him in almost disbelief

"Yeah of course i still need to email my boss over the clips and notes from your interview"

Timothee then had to go back over to the interview area whilst you sat at a table in the corner of the room trying to contain your excitement about spending the rest of your day with the best(est) friend someone could ask for.

a/n

thank you so much for 4k reads!