Stormy Weather

You hated storms. Hate is probably a nice way to put it whenever there is one all you want to do is hide underneath the duvet like a kid hiding from monsters in their closet. Normally when there's a storm your boyfriend is there to calm you down, he's normally there to hold you when you try not to cry, he's normally there to cover you with a blanket and turn the tv up just enough to help you zone out from the outside winds picking up and whistling through the trees. He's normally there. But this time he isn't.

So here you are sat underneath your duvet in the middle of your bed with headphones listening to your favourite artist trying to block the weather out when it would normally be his voice. Here you are sat underneath your duvet in the middle of your bed cuddling a pillow to feel comfort and safe from the outside storm when it would normally be his arms. Here you are sat underneath your duvet in the middle of your bed crying whilst the rain pours down against your window. this would normally be about the storm but this time it's because your boyfriend of 2 years split up with you 3 days before your birthday, 3 days before the storm.

3 days before the storm your boyfriend told you he loved you but doing long distance is just too much. 3 days before the storm your boyfriend told you he loved you but doing long distance interrupts his work. 3 days before the storm your boyfriend told you that he loved you but doing long distance is just not enough.

2 days before the storm your boyfriend packed his clothes. 2 days before the storm your boyfriend slept in the living room. 2 days before the storm he didn't hug you once. 2 days before the storm you rung your best friend to tell them what was happening.

1 day before the storm your boyfriend unhooked his door key. 1 day before the storm your boyfriend didn't look you in the eye. 1 day before the storm your boyfriend walked out. 1 day before the storm you best friend promised you they'd come see you.

The day of the storm you sat alone. The day of the storm you turned another year older. The day of the storm you felt your heartbreak into pieces.

You were sat on your bed trying to drown out the thoughts of what had happened in the last 72 hours and to comprehend that this was how you were spending your birthday. Whilst focusing on the music that was humming through your headphones, your phone started to ring giving you a fright. It was your best friend. You answered the call with half a smile on your face as you heard,

"happy birthday y/n ! I know there's a storm going on, are you okay?"

"Well i'm currently sat underneath my duvet like a child"

"Well can't you get t- oh i forgot sorry"

Knowing what was almost said and just thinking about his name, his voice, his face made you want to cry so with a big deep breath you responded with

"n-no it's fine don't worry i'm doing okay seriously it's not the best birthday ever i'm cold and tired and i-"

all of a sudden you heard a knock at the door, with the voice still going on down the phone you crawled out of bed and down the front of the house to see a shadow of a man, slightly freaked you explain on the phone that there's a man standing at your door which they respond with,

"answer it, it could be you know who he might of forgotten something"

you thought to yourself it could be him so you reached up to the door handle and as you slowly opened the door, stood in-front if you drenched through and holding a box was,

"Timmy!? what?"

"i told you a few days ago id see you for your birthday ! Now let me change my clothes you can open this present and we can cuddle of the sofa"

you thought to yourself you didn't need a man in your life as long as timothée as a best friend.

well that was until what happened a few hours into that night...

———
hi !
this is written a little bit differently to my other chapters let me know if you like it or not i can go back to the old way but if some like it i'll change it up depending on the chapter. Idk if this needs a part 2 or not let me know
remember you are loved and appreciated !
tpwk
💛