15

Chapter Song: Bloodshot- Dove Cameron

I was grounded for 3 weeks. The only thing I was allowed to do besides going to school was helping Tish our at the studio after school. Hayden could still come over since he was my English partner and our term essay was due in a week. Riley was also able to come over since it was Riley. But no parties. No boys.

I went home the next morning after staying at Cal's house and told my dad everything. He came home from an emergency surgery that night and saw us walk into his house. He was more mad that I didn't tell him I was coming home more than anything. Specifically that I didn't call him like I should have.

Riley told me that the boys slept in their room on the floor that night. Ty slept in front of the locked door even. Sometimes he could be a nice guy. They left the following morning so I was able to give Cal his present which he was incredibly grateful for. He wouldn't stop saying thank you and he didn't deserve it.

I tried to push away the scenes that kept replaying in my head. I didn't need any more distractions. What I needed was caffeine ASAP.

Hellllp I neeeed coffee :(

I sent out the quick text to Hayden slamming my face in the desk afterward. As soon as my forehead hit the keyboard a bell went off in the lobby. I picked my head back up immediately responding with my guest service hi-welcome-in voice.

I helped her sign in and grabbed a pair of rental shoes to use directing her towards the locker rooms. I sat back down with a thud. This was boring. I guess I could start looking at more college applications.

The thought made me want to hurl. I still didn't know what I wanted to go to college for or even where. It was a migraine-inducing process. At least Cal and Liam knew.

So far I had gotten accepted into UCLA and the University of Virginia acceptance came this weekend. I still needed to finish my application to Columbia, the University of Arizona, and the University of Colorado. Dream big, huh.

I started to use the front desks computer to finish my Colombia application when the bell chimed again. In walked Natalie with a devil glare pointed at me. I swore she was drilling knives into my head. At least her nose healed nicely.

I tried to avoid her like the plague since Cal's birthday. It's not that I wanted to get between them. I couldn't help myself from getting close to Cal. I already decided what happened that weekend was due to our heightened emotions. It was natural. Besides I still didn't know what was going on with them. It was a mess and I already had enough messes to deal with.

"Stay away from him!" She screeched throwing her palms flat on the counter.

"Hi welcome in how can I help you?" I smiled sweetly at her.

Bitch.

"He's mine in case you haven't forgotten. You didn't choose him you don't get to take him back now," she was fuming. Her nostrils kept flaring and it took everything I had to not pinch them together.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you here for a class?"

"Stay away from him Kennedy Parker, or else," and then she stormed out of the store.

Just as she was leaving Hayden walked in. He gave me a weird look questioning me with the crazy girl running out. In his hands were two cups of coffee.

"You're the best," I groan taking a cup from his hands.

I took a long sip. He got me a hot black coffee and it was perfect. Sometimes you just needed to be plain.