Chapter Ten - Anticipating

It's been 2 and a half weeks since my ovulation was at its highest. I think now is a good time to take an early pregnancy test since I'll be at my highest day of ovulation in a little over a week away. This way, I will know if we need to continue trying or if it's our time.
I tell Bryce that I'm about to take a pregnancy test so that he can be there. He doesn't have to stand by me and wait for the results but he wants to since this is our journey and he wants to be there for me every second of the way. As he says, you never know when it will be our second chance and he doesn't wanna miss it.
He comes in and pulls the stick out of its plastic package and hands me it. I pee on the stick for 5 seconds and hands it to him so he can put it on the sink's counter. During the 5 minute wait period, we pray that it's our time. The anticipating feelings that we have is joyful, it would be the agony of another negative test that would quickly kill the joy but we can't lose hope so we continue to pray. We prayed over it for a positive test for the entire wait time.
It has been 5 minutes. Bryce and I close our eyes and count to 3 before we both look. 1... 2... 3... open your eyes and another smile drops. We will have to continue trying but it will be okay, the best things take time is what I've always been told. God is only trying to perfect our rainbow baby before he hands it over to us to let us run our course. This is only another chapter of our trying to conceive journey.