Chapter Thirteen - Dinner

It's the day of our pregnancy announcement dinner. I'm so excited. Bryce and I are cooking everything. Bryce is grilling the baked potatoes and steak. We have the cake in the refrigerator. Everything is calling my name. Luckily, I bought some strawberries to snack on so that I don't get nauseous while preparing for the dinner.
Mark calls Bryce.
Mark: hey, man, I was wondering if you needed any help setting up?
Bryce: nah, man. We've got this. Y'all can come chill if you want to.
Mark: what about alcoholic beverages? No, yes?
Bryce: sure, go ahead but don't bring enough to get drunk.
Mark: of course not. None of us want to look bad in front of the parents.
They hang up.
We continue setting up. The dinner is in 3 hours. I tell Bryce that I'm gonna start getting ready since the beans are done.
I hear him walk in and set the pan full of baked potatoes down on the counter, I know this because you can hear the crackling sounds of the aluminum foil, next to the bowl of baked beans. He goes back outside, and grabs the steaks to bring them in.
We comes in the bedroom and starts getting ready as well.
We now have about 30 minutes left until our dinner starts. Someone's knocking on the door. I go and answer. It's Bryce's parents. I'm so glad that they came. He was so worried that they wouldn't.
We talk to them while waiting for everyone else to get here. By 7:34, everyone was finally here. Luke and Alana got here last but it's okay because she looks fantastic.
We all sit and talk for a while and Bryce clears his throat "okay, food is on the table. Hopefully y'all like steaks, baked beans and baked because that's what we are serving!"
Everyone lines up to get something to eat. Bryce's mom said "everything looks so fantastic".
As we are all eating and talking, Bryce moves all the food to the side. Bryce and I go stand by the counter. Bryce says "when everyone finishes, we can eat this cake" as he lays the cake on the counter. Bryce then says "y'all come check this cake out" to which everyone walks over and sees the cake.
Cassandra "omg! You guys! Congratulations!"
Bryce's mom "I'm gonna be a grandma?"
My mom "we're gonna be grandparents!"
Bryce's dad "so this is what the dinner was for? Congratulations, y'all!"
Luke "this is such an exciting thing to go through!"
Alana "yes, you're gonna love this journey!"
Mark "ah hell yeah, bro! Congrats!"
My dad "this is the best news we've gotten! And the bar, does it mean you're nearing the end of first trimester?"
Bryce "yes sir. We are 3 months in."
Me "thank y'all! We couldn't contain the excitement much longer! This way, we could announce it at once with everyone we love and care for."

—4 months along—

I'm now 4 months along, it won't be too long until we find out our jellybean's gender. I think we will be finding that out the middle of my fifth month.
Bryce "what do you think our little baby is? Girl or boy?"
Me "I have a feeling it's a boy."
Bryce "I think the baby's a girl."
He seems to really want a girl. He assumed our angel baby was a girl as well.
Me "the gender really doesn't matter, I just want a healthy baby."
Bryce "that happens to be the most important thing! But we are allowed to have a little fun with the gender reveal!"
Me "what do you mean? We're doing a gender reveal?"
Bryce "yes. We need to find one person to keep the secret."
Me "why not you?"
Bryce "we're supposed to be the surprised ones!"
Me "it's okay for us to do it ourselves. Surprise our family and friends."
After a while of thinking of different ideas, we decided to put it to rest so that we could go to sleep.