Chapter TwentyTwo - Birthday

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Evie, happy birthday to you!" Everyone sings to Everly before she blows the five candles out on her cake.
Cassandra's 3 year old daughter said "what you wish for," well wasn't as clear because she's a baby but we all knew what she was saying.
Everly smiles and says "I can't tell you, Ruby! My wish wouldn't come true!"
Ruby says "I wish for whatever you wish for."
Ruby and Everly have gotten a strong friendship. We thought Everly was gonna billy and be mean to Ruby when she was born but Everly acts as if she's big sister to her. Their love for each other is as strong as mine & Cassandra's love for each other is. True definition of friendship.
We all eat her strawberry cake and vanilla ice cream.
Ruby says "open my present, Evie" as she wiggles the bag in front of Everly insinuating that she wants her to open her present first.
Bryce says "I guess it's present opening time!"
Ruby jumps up and down and says "mine first, mine first!" She hands her gift bag to Everly and Everly pulls all the paper out and she lets out a squeal and says "oh my gosh, I love it!"
She has been wanting this Barbie doll set for a while but we never could find it in stores. Cassandra said "we ordered it online several weeks ago. Had it hidden so no one would find it. I'm surprised Ru has managed to keep it a secret."
Everly hugs Ruby and says "thank y'all so much!"
She opens all her presents. She's very thankful for everything. She got everything she wanted.
Everly's smile turned to a frown and I asked "what's wrong, sweetie?"
She somberly said "I love these gifts but the only thing I didn't get was a puppy. I really wanted a puppy."
Bryce's mom said "don't be silly, dear, you have a puppy."
Everly said "no I don't" sadly.
Bryce's dad walked inside the house and came back several minutes later.
*woof woof*
Everly jumps up and says "is it mine?"
Bryce's dad jokingly says "well he certainly isn't mine! Happy birthday, princess!"
A little Apple head chihuahua that was gifted to Everly. Such a cute, tiny little thing, he is.
Bryce's mom said "we adopted him. He was just delivered at the shelter 12 weeks ago. We decided we'd adopt three, one for you, one for Ruby and one for us. There was only 5, we made it easier so that they wouldn't rush as much to find the other two homes."
Everly says "thank y'all all so much! This is the best birthday ever!"
Bryce's dad said "with a pet, comes responsibility. We made sure you were set up so we bought everything you'd need from food, bowls, bath soap to toys, pee pads and pet bed. Take care of scrappy."
It was a good day for all of us. Everly got everything she had wanted and wished for, even a puppy... that will stay a puppy? I'm not quite sure how Apple heads age up. But as long as our princess is happy, we are happy.