Chapter TwentyFour - Planning

We get the date set to July 15th. Now we have to find caterers, get roses, find a venue, get dresses and suits, and find a officiate.
We discuss having just a buffet so that everyone can have a variety of options to choose from.
Bryce and I go from restaurant to restaurant to see which one might be our best option.
Bryce "so which restaurant is in your top spot?"
Me "my personal choice is where we got engaged at; La Amor. What is your top pick?"
Bryce says "I was gonna say Sunrise Buffet but it would make more sense to have La Amor cater."
Me "so La Amor is it?"
Bryce "indeed, it is!"
Now that we have the caterers selected, we called to let them know that they will be catering and they write it down.
We check out the local flower and gift shop and see if they have any roses that would interest me. Our wedding color is aqua so hopefully we have that option.
Cashier "anything I can help the lovely couple with?"
I say "I'm looking for some roses, specifically aqua colored. If you have any."
Cashier "let's go to the back where you can see our full selection."
We head to the back and there they are, roses of different colors and some are even tie-dyed colored. This is beautiful.
We walk behind the cashier and she says "here is our selection of aqua roses, some are brighter than others."
I pick the prettiest colored rose and say I want R732. The cashier said "perfect choice, for a wedding?"
Bryce says "yes but for July 15th."
The cashier says "alrighty! I'll see you then!"
Now that we have caterers and roses, it's time to pick a venue.
We check out several different places. They're all so beautiful, I don't think I could choose. The ultimate decision would be if we want an inside or outside to eliminate several options.
Bryce "so an inside venue or outside?"
I say "I think a inside venue would be best. Nobody's gonna feel like they're dripping in sweat."
Bryce said "so out of The Lyric, Wedding Villa, or Clair's Place, which do you like best? I personally like the Wedding Villa."
I say "with The Lyric, the scenery is gorgeous. With Wedding Villa, we would have everything from a gorgeous ceremony to tables and chairs. With Clair's Place, we have to provide a space for buffet and the tables and chairs."
Bryce said "so Wedding Villa?"
I say "yes!"
We now have basically everything we would need. We call the owner of Wedding Villa and set the date. Everything is going as planned so far. We call pastor John to see if he could officiate the wedding and he says "of course, Miss Scott. When?"
We tell him July 15th.
Pastor John says "awe, yes. Perfect day! Send me the information when you have everything so I can be prepared."
It's been a long month. Bryce, Mark and Deluca are checking out suits while Cassandra, Alana and I are looking at dresses. Ruby will be our flower girl and Everly will be carrying the rings so the girls are with us as well.
Our goal is to find gorgeous aqua dresses for them all. The groomsmen will be wearing aqua tuxes, the bridesmaids and our little girls will be wearing aqua dresses.
After spending hours looking for all of their dresses, we finally get them all picked out and have their sizes marked down.
Now we have to find me a wedding dress. This is where it seems to be stressful, I want a lace dress so the employees go looking for lace dresses and pull out several. I try them on one by one. They're all beautiful.
I find the one with the help of them all. It has a translucent train and long sleeves that is glittery. The top is lace, the bottom is poofy so it's not skin tight. It's gorgeous, it even comes with a vail. I'm in love.
We now have everything set and planned. Now to wait for July 15th, which is only 5 months away.