Distance

Moonbyul opened her eyes to find herself in Hwasa’s room. She was confused and then the memory from yesterday hit her. She was wide awake now. She felt very tired and hoped it was all a dream.

“Good morning unnie” Hwasa greeted her with enthusiasm in her voice.  “Why are you so happy?” Moonbyul’s mood changed just by seeing Hwasa’s bright smile. Moonbyul let herself out of the blanket and sat on the bed with her legs folded. 

“Nothing special, I am glad you’re up. I was getting bore alone. Wheein is taking too long to come over.”
“Why is Wheein coming over? Are you guys going somewhere?” Moonbyul was worried if Hwasa and Wheein left her, she would have to face Solar.

“No unnie, we have a meeting in an hour. I think even you should start getting ready for the meeting.”
“Oh shoot, I totally forgot about that meeting.”

Moonbyul quickly got off Hwasa’s bed, grabbed her phone and bolted to her room.

The four of the girls were sitting in the meeting room. They were waiting for their manager to arrive. Usually the room is chaotic but today, an unsettling silence had filled the room. Moonbyul had not even looked at Solar. Wheein and Hwasa were the only ones talking. They tried to make the situation less awkward but nothing was working.

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting girls but I am sure the news I have will make up for it.”
Their manager discussed about their EP and debut. The girls were doing well; in fact they were almost done with the next album. This is the reason their company had decided to give them off for a week.

“You all have worked really hard and you deserve break. I know you haven’t met your family and you miss them. Now go and start packing.

All of them were happy to hear the news. They all rushed to their rooms and started packing. All of them met at the gate at which their cabs were waiting. Moonbyul hugged everyone goodbye except Solar. Hwasa’s parents were not home so she had decided to stay with Wheein’s family. They both left in their cab, leaving back Solar and Moonbyul.

“Go safe. Text me when you reach home.” Solar tried to start the conversation but Moonbyul said a cold “ok” without even looking up from her phone. Moonbyul thought staying away from Solar and not talking to her will make Solar hate her. Little did she know that her behavior was hurting both of them?

Moonbyul’s cab arrived so she left without saying bye to Solar and Solar stood there waiting for her cab all by herself.