one

ROWAN

i dont remember what happened. the last thing i remember is having a needle shoved into my arm - it was right after i tried to strangle sydnia, but they tell me that it wasn't real. they tell me that i imagined it all, and sydnia never existed. 

if she didn't exist, then where did my mother's money go? if sydnia didn't exist, then who did i try to kill? 

i stare up at the ceiling of my apartment - or should i say, my room that looked exactly like my apartment - and i think about those piercing blue eyes i remember so clearly. 

they tell me that she isn't real either. although one nurse tells me that billie never existed, an older nurse tells me that billie used to stay in the room i reside in. she tells me that billie was maybe a year younger than me when she was admitted by her mother. they never told me why billie was admitted - maybe i'll ask her the next time i see her. if i remember. 

i sit up slightly and look around the room, an old coat hanger dangling on the door handle of the closet. it's odd, because there's absolutely no wind in the room - i was sweating like a pig, and there's no way the hanger can move on it's own. 

i know they took me off my meds for a reason, and this was that very reason - i've been seeing things that aren't there, and believing in things that aren't real. it's a waste of time and money to keep taking those wretched white and blue pills. i don't know exactly what they're called, but they taste nasty when left on my tongue for too long. 

i normally spit the tablets out, but lately, they've been checking underneath tongues and between gums and teeth. i even heard from somewhere that they were sneaking medications into the food. 

i loved my medications - it's the only way i get to see billie. 

i'm pulled out of my thoughts as i realize a neon pink colored piece of paper attached to the old coat hanger. i pull myself from out of the comfortable and warm bed and make my way to the closet. i pick up the hanger and peel off the little note, my eyes watering as i see the sloppy handwriting. 

her handwriting. 

i press a hand to my forehead and read the tiny scribbles carefully, my mind becoming easily scattered. 

im still here, baby girl. i never left.

surpriseeeeee. y'all wanted a sequel, and im gonna attempt to write it. i wanted to write a story based on post-it notes and i guess this is my chance. thank yall so much for supporting bite, and newport, and don't forget to vote, comment, and add to your reading lists.