three

i shovel the last bite of the god awful food into my mouth and pushed the tray back under the door, scrambling to my feet to run into the living room. i practically jumped onto the sofa and bite my lip as i look at the tiny television screen in front of me. 

this place wasn't very good to live at, and they didn't really treat their patients well, but they did make it to where i could watch any disney movie i wanted. i guess, whoever put me in here, wanted me to be comfortable, so they paid extra for me to get whatever the hell i wanted.

i still don't know who put me in here. 

or why. 

it made no sense to me - i was a completely normal girl, and then they started forcing blue and white drugs down my throat. now, i see a girl - fuck a girl - that apparently died a month before i was admitted here.

i'd been here for three months now. everything with billie seemed to have happened years ago - i haven't seen her in weeks. 

what happened to her? was everything okay? was she hurt? the last time she disappeared for this long, she was traveling against her will. 

could it be that billie was in the same boat as i? what if i'm the one that's dead, and i'm just waiting for her to come back to me momentarily, only for her to be ripped out of my arms as soon as they forced her to take her medications again? 

am i  dead?

my eyes widen at the thought and i press my hand to my chest, feeling the slow and steady thump of my heart against my ribs. i roll my eyes at myself and shake my head, my eyes focusing on the episode of wizards of waverly place

selena gomez could get it, bro.

i sing along to the theme song softly, standing up and dancing around. my childhood self was living. 

"everything is not what it seems, when you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams," i sang along, my hand holding a fake microphone to my lips. "you might run into trouble if you go to extremes, because everything is not what it seems." 

i toss myself back onto the couch and watch the screen as alex sings along with shakira - aka, uncle kelbo, to Gypsy. 

as alex turns around to dance, shakira turns into kelbo magically - because, you know, they're wizards. alex expression turns from happiness to confusion as she looks at kelbo, "oh, god!"

i laugh at the cute expression and hum, a movement in corner of the room catching my eye. 

i stand up and walk over to where i saw the shadow, seeing a neon yellow piece of paper sticking to the kitchen counter. i pick it up and read it a few times, the show in the background making my mind unable to focus on the scribbles on the paper.

i miss you, a lot. come see me soon, baby girl.