twelve

billie had left about an hour ago, and i was currently in the shower. the heat from the shower radiated off of my body, and the steam immediately fogged up the mirror. condensation dripped off of the towel wrack, as well as the mirror itself. 

after washing and conditioning my hair, and scrubbing my body of the rain water, i step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my naked body. i hum to myself as i look at the mirror, seeing familiar handwriting scribbled across the surface. 

if i could change the way that you see yourself, you wouldn't wonder why you're here. i dont deserve you.

i smile at the words as i pat my body dry of the water. billie made my head spin, and in a good way. what her and maggie had planned together makes me miss my mother - i wonder if she would approve of billie.

probably not, considering the dying of the hair, and the actual dying of the girl. however, i still wish Mom could've met billie, in some form or another.

"maybe in another life," i tell myself, brushing through my hair with an old comb. 

i pull my clothes on and sigh deeply as a nurse walks in, handing me a small cup with two blue and white pills inside, as well as a cup of water. i roll my eyes and take the pills, the nurse making sure to check under my tongue.

"what the fuck even happened today?" i ask myself aloud as soon as she leaves, my hand moving to my forehead. i rest my head on my pillows and stare out of the window, seeing the rain still pouring from the dark clouds. 

as i'm staring at the clouds, i can feel my eyes begin to droop. it's been a long ass day - i deserve a long ass nap.

~~~~~~

"she's not waking up!" 

"well, what do you want me to do about it?"

"someone call maggie!"

"maggie just left, and she lives all the way across town - she's not gonna make it here in time."

"pump her stomach or some shit, richard, we can't have another Eilish Incident on our hands!"

"you're the one that gave her the prescription, miranda! this is the second time this has happened, and i don't think maggie will hesitate to press charges this time."

i'm standing over my own body, watching as two nurses dressed in dark blue argue over my pale body. i kneel down beside myself, and brush my hair out of my own face, foam seeping from my lips and down my neck. 

i let out a frustrated groan, looking up at the arguing nurses. 

"is she still breathing?"

"i don't know, miranda, why don't you walk the three feet to check her pulse?"

"fuck off, richard - i shouldve quit a long time ago."

"you're gonna lose your license if you don't get your shit together."

"at this point, i don't give a fuck about my license, i care about getting this girl some help. i'm not letting her die like Eilish did."

"then get the fuck over there and help her, miranda!"

i stand up slowly, a growl leaving my lips as i raise my hand to slap the two nurses silly. 

"rowan, what the fuck is going on?" i hear an all too familiar voice, but it's not the voice i'm expecting. i turn around and see the one person i was least expecting. 

why the fuck is she here?

"mom?"