How Ashlyn finds out the truth

Quick a/n which I recommend you read!!!!! Ashlyn is actually a Delancey but Jack kept it from her and told her he's her brother. This is how she finds out her brothers are the most cruelest boys in Manhattan.

Ashlyn's POV:
I was standing next to Jester in the court room. Anxious to see my brother and to see if he's okay. Last night, the rally got too intense. Skabbers and bulls on horses everywhere. I don't even think that's legal! "Where is he!" I yelled.

"Kelly! Clam down! Your brother is fine!" A certain cocky Brooklyn bastard said.

"I didn't ask you's!" I shot at Spot. He rolled his eyes. The judge get comes in and asks us some kind of shit that I didn't care about. All I wanted was my brother safe. Apparently I was zoning out too long and I heard,

"Hey your honor I object!" I look over and see Spot with a stone face, clearly not knowing what he's doing.

"On what grounds?" The judge asked. (A/n y'all know what comes next 😼)

"On the grounds of Brooklyn, your honor." He says as everyone breaks into laughs and even I crack up a bit. Still don't like him, though. Just then Jack walks in with handcuffs on.

"Jack!" I yelled.

"Hey cowboy! Nice shiner!" Race yelled. I hit his head. My brother could be going to jail and he makes a joke! Then the spider-rat face himself walks in.

"I will speak for this young man." The old man said.

"You two's know each other? Ain't that lovely....". Jack said, knowing this could end in Snyder's favor. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around.

"Don't worry. Kelly might be a lousy Breda for you to always be runnin off but he can handle the refuge." The hand and voice belonged to Spot. I nodded, it's the first time he's shown any kinds of encouragement.

"Thanks, I needed that." I said, not looking in his eyes though. He's still a cocky bastard but a nice cocky bastard.

"Shut it you two! Look!" Jester whisper/yells. Snyder the spider continues,

"His real name is Francis Sullivan." I froze. He lied about our name? I felt confused eyes fixed on me. I looked at Jack-er Francis. He refuses to make eye contact. Snyder continues, "He's an only child with a deceased mom and an escaped convict as a father." I froze again. I felt like the world was crumbling. I forced myself not to cry. I refuse to give him the satisfaction. I felt everyone's pity glances. Even Spot's. I don't want pity. Then, the Delanceys walk in. Jack and Race tense up and glance at me.

"Your honor, this person is a fraud for a certain person." I raise my eyebrows as Oscar's words swirl around my head. "You see, poor Ashlyn has been lied to. Her last name ain't Kelly or Sullivan." Jester looks at me,

"What's he mean?" She asks, honestly I don't want to know what he means.

"I-I have no clue..." I answered. Morris continues what Oscar was saying.

"She is actually a Delancey like Oscar and me. We's would like her to come back home to us." My body stiffens. My heart jumps out of my throat.

"I-I need some fresh air." I say as I walk out. Once I think I'm alone I start screaming and punching the walls around me. Then I hear a voice,

"So I's guessin you had no clue..". I turn to see Spot.

"No! Of corse I's fuckin had no clue!" I snapped. I wiped my face and covered it, hating the fact that I look weak in front of Spot.

"Woah calm down Kell-Ashlyn. I's just came to see if you's okay." I grew defensive.

"Since when did you care if I's okay or not! Last time I checked, you didn't give a shit bout me!" I screamed. Not caring if I'm gonna get soaked or not.

"Now hold on. Who says I's won't give a shit?" He asked, god he makes it so hard not to punch him.

"Well you's clearly ain't all sunshine and daisies with me..." I scoffed.

"If it makes ya feel better, you's ain't living with Oscar and Morris. Judge said so himself." I can't help but laugh at his attempt to make me feel better.

"Yeah, that would be AW-FUL." I said. Silence between us before he says,

"Ya know, cowboy lied to protect ya. He never wanted you to get hurt." I tensed up. If it was for my own good, why does it hurt so much?

"Still, I feel so stupid! Why-why am I here? What did I do to deserve this!?" I asked, not really to him but in general. He laughs a bit,

"For starters, you's got no shame in anything.." I laughed a bit. You will not get me to admit that, by the way. "See! There's that pretty smile of yours!" He says. Pretty? " I-I's mean, it's not ugly when you smile..". He said, rubbing his neck sheepishly. I start laughing despite the small blush.

"Sure it ain't." I say sarcastically. I mean, ME! Smiling PRETTY! Too unreal. Wow, this sounds like some cheesy fanfic love story. (A/n hehe fourth wall breaking)

"Hey, don't say that. I's seen troll smiles." He laughs a bit. I laugh too.

"Whatever you's say, Spotty boy. Your smirk ain't ugly either." I said back to him and he starts laughing again then so do I. We finally calm down when we hear,

"Will you two stop flirtin! We's headin to Tibby's! Denton's payin!" We both laugh once more as Jester pouts, waiting for us to get a move on so she can eat. She whispers something in my ear which causes me to blush. "Where's my nephew."

____________________________________________________________
NEW CHARACTERS!!!!!!
Jack-The brother figure to Ashlyn who only wants to go to Santa Fe. He sadly gets arrested since Snyder and the judge know each other.

Judge-We know nothing about him but he helps with Spot's iconic line lol

Racetrack-The young dumbass teen who has a gambling problem and is alway smoking a cigar. He is a loyal brother figure to Ashlyn as well. He can never be serious if his life depended on it.

Snyder-The old man who runs the refuge, an abusive prison for kids in New York. He takes all the food that's provided for the kids and gives the. The scraps.

Oscar and Morris Delancey-The two brothers who sell papers to the newsies. In their free time they soak (beat up) newsies and make their lives a living hell. They are Ashlyn's biological brothers and are determined to bring her home.

Denton-The newspaper writer who kindly writes the story for the newsies, how they changed the world. He believes that companies with child labor are scared of the strike that's happening and that's what gives him motivation to write. He cares for all the newsies and pays for their lunches.