He meets your ex

Some angst for y'all!!!!!   So this takes place before they date, where Spot meets Ashlyn's bf who she breaks up with (spoiler)

Spot's POV:
Ashlyn is coming back today!  I mean, I don't care.  Anyways, Ashlyn has been in Boston for a while.  I was gonna tell Jackie Boy but I don't want the silent treatment from her.  I had a crush on her since the rally.  Jester told me she has a boyfriend from the letters Ash has written to her.  I was heart broken but didn't show it.  Hell!  I'm the king of Brooklyn I don't get heart breaks!  When she does get here, I'll just act like I can't tolerate her.  It's easier than sitting around and watching her be all lovey dovey with this guy.  "Spot!  Ash is here with her boyfriend!  Get your ass down here!" Jester yelled.  I rolled my eyes then make my way down there.  There I see Ashlyn, with her hair in a tight fishtail braid.  Weird, she always has a normal braid.   Next to her is a tall muscular guy with jet black hair.  So she likes tall guys.... (a/n it's alright shorty)  "Ashlyn!  You're back!"  Jester yells well hugging her.  She finches in surprise then hugs back.

"I missed you too, Jester!" She says.   I finally realized something.  I gotta be either dead or dreamin (a/n hehe) because I see Ash with a SKIRT!?!

"Uh Ash?  I's don't wanna alarm ya but you's wearin a skirt."  Jester says, reading my mind.  Ashlyn laughs a bit.

"I know Jester.  Jacob said it's uh more me."  She says, embarrassed.  The hell!  The Ash I know would die before wearing a skirt!  This 'Jacob' put an arm around her possessively.  She flinches a bit.   Jester starts laughing.

"Yeah right!  Last time I checked skirts are the devil!"  Jester blurts out.  Jacob glares at her.  I don't like this guy one bit.  And NO, I'm NOT jealous!  He starts kissing her neck as she pushes him away gently.  The nerve of this bastard....

"Well, pants don't show off her rockin body." This creep says while moving his hands to her waist, making her uncomfortable.  Does this guy got no shame?  Jester notices too and seems pissed.  Ashlyn mouths to her 'It's fine' clearly, it's not though.  "What?  Don't get all pissy because she's mine, pipsqueak."  He says, glaring at me. 

"The hell you callin 'pipsqueak'!"  I yell, anger fuming me.  No one, and I mean no one gives me a name so insulting!  Ashlyn sit-ups in between me and this ass.

"It's fine Spot, he didn't mean anything."  She says looking at her feet.  No annoying nickname?  No Spotty Boy?  Short Stack?  Kitty Conlon?  Something ain't right.  Jacob shoves her out of the way and she falls.  The hell kind of boyfriend does this!?  Some of my newsies rush to help her.

"She's fine.  Bitch needs to learn to stay out of my way some how."  This low life, motherfucking scumbag comes into MY lodging house!  Makes MY sister's best friend uncomfortable!  Insults MY height!  Pushes shes MY crush!   Then calls her a BITCH!  I push up my sleeves, pull out my cane and throw my hat to the couch. 

"Spot it's fine...I-I can handle this.."she says.  On the verge of crying.  This bastard!  He grabs her arm then storms out.

"We're heading back home."   As he grabs her, I heard a whimper.  Ace, my second in command looks at me worried.  Spot, I saw some uh.  Some bruises on her arms.  I don't think-I's have a bad feelin about that guy."  He looks down.   My eyes wide.  I just let him drag her to the hell hole she's been living!  I run out and catch up just as they're about to enter the train.  I grabs her wrist gentily but firm and pull her back.

"The hell?  What the hell are you doing!  Let my girlfriend go!" He shouts.  Instead, I push her behind me and glare at him. 

"You ain't goin anywhere with 'er!"  I shout back.  I can feel Ashlyn shiver in fear behind me.  This bastard changed her.  She used to be this loud, funny, adventurous tomboy.  Now she's a skirt wearing, scared, anxious girl.  "Lay another finger on 'er and I'll make ya wish you's in heaven!"  I shout.  He laughs at me.

"You ain't her boyfriend.  She chose me over you."  He taunts.  That did hurt but I won't let him know that.  He shoves me. "What?  You think I haven't noticed your glances at her.  How you pretend to not care then get defensive.  Hell!  You two are probably dating behind my back!  Man!  I always knew she was a slut!" He shouts laughing.

"Now listen here you asshole.  You and Ash are threw.  So I's suggest you walk on that train and get the hell out of her life!  She ain't no slut, but I'll be damned if I saw you cheat!"  He laughs then glares at us.

"Don't be thinking I left.  I will come back and I will take what is mine.  Got that Ashlyn.  You're mine and I don't care what some street rat gotta say about that!"  He yells before exiting onto the train.  Ashlyn collapses in my arms.

"Why did-did you do that?  You didn't have to Spot.." She says, hyperventilating on my shoulders.  I just laugh silently to myself before I pick her up off the ground.

"Eh, call me Spotty Boy.  And of corse I's did.  You was in pain and he caused it.  Why would I just sit there while you's sufferin!"  I yell and she flinches.  I soften a bit.  I didn't mean to yell.  "What happened to the shameless Ash I've known?" I pulled her tighter to me as we walked back to the lodging house.

"I-I guess after I met him, I started listening to his comments on me and grown....
insecure.  Then, he took advantage on how I's just wanted his approval.  I wanted to be the perfect girlfriend.  I's can't even be a girl.." I hugged her tighter as she kept getting into detail.  "He would comment on my weight so I decided to not eat as much.  He would comment on my appearance so I wore makeup.  He would comment on my cloths so now I wear skirts.  God, Jack's gonna kill me!"  She says looking up.  I take her had and bring her to a bakery.  She looks at me weirdly. "Spot, I-I's can't let you buy me food."  She says.  I role my eyes anyways.

"You said you's eating less so I's buyin ya food.  No objections." I place some coins on the table then order a small cupcake with blue frosting.  After we ate, we went back to the lodging house and I was gonna let her sleep on my bed but she insisted on taking the couch.  I sighed and draped a blanket over her as she slept peacefully and safe.  I smile staring at her beautiful feature that I didn't notice Jester walking in.

"So.........where my nephew?" I whacked her head and rolled my eyes, ignoring the blush on my cheeks.
____________________________________________________________
New characters!!!!!!!

Jacob-the(now) ex boyfriend of Ashlyn, who took advantage of her insecurities and abused her mentally and physically. He is controlling and possessive.

Ace-The second in command to Spot, he can be a pain but also can be responsible.