𝐎𝐍𝐄 | 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘

keynote: Shéyaa, in real life, has three children - two sons and a daughter. Kamari, his 5-year-old son, Ashaad, his three-year-old son, and Rhian, his three-year-old daughter. (did some intense ass research to figure out that's their actual names.)

Excuse any errors, please.

"That'll be forty-seven dollars and sixty-nine cents, sir

"That'll be forty-seven dollars and sixty-nine cents, sir."

This was the average day-to-day thing that Shéyaa went through on a daily basis. Working as a cashier at a corner store, gaining a slight minimum wage, and hearing some complaints from certain customers wasn't what the British man thought was ideal for him.

Especially since he always held a natural mug on his face and had the worst mouth known to demand if just only one person came at him incorrectly.

The brown-skinned male could only let out a long sigh as he took a quick glance at his watch - knowing his shift was coming to an end in the next hour, which was at 3 o'clock.

A small sense of relief overcame him as he knew he was going to be able to spend time with his kids and his mother afterwards before heading off to his night job. It was also Friday so he knew for a fact that he was getting paid today, as well.

The man in front of him dug through his wallet to acquire the amount of the grocery items that was scanned. He, then, stopped and looked up at Shéyaa - causing the british man to raise an eyebrow at him.

"You got two pennies?"

Shéyaa furrowed his eyebrows at the weird question, wondering where the man was getting at, "Yeah?"

"Aight, could I get those and then give 'em back to you, homeboy? I'm only two pennies short-"

"Mane, just give me the damn money nigga!" the brown-skinned grunted, snatching the money out of the man's hand and tapped a few keys on the register, watching as it opened and placed the money in the correct slots.

The man held up his hands in surrender, not wanting to make the cashier in front of him mad.

"Someone ain't have their tea and crumpets this morning...ole' bitter ass." the guy mumbled lowly as if he was whispering but Shéyaa still heard it - feeling his hands clench at his sides in irritation.

Shéyaa made a move as if he was going to punch the man but the guy quickly grabbed his bags and ran out the store, never looking back.

He rolled his eyes and climbed onto the stool, awaiting for more customers and, more importantly, his shift to end. A sound of a creak emitted out and Shéyaa automatically knew that sound came from his manager's door opening and closing.

"You gotta' stop scarin' away my customers, Joseph. I need to make income too." His boss joked lightly as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"My bad, Mr. Reyes. It won't happen again."