𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐍

^ here's mama heather and all of shéyaa's kids in the picture with Kamari in the middle, ashaad on the right, and Rhian on the left🥺. also, in case y'all don't know who Jamie is, it's Jamell's mama and Andre is Dr. Dre.

trigger warning(s): descriptive scenes of abuse, but only to a small degree.

y'all know the drill. excuse them mf errors, cuz!

flashback: January 1992; four weeks pregnant;

There Heather was, puking out her lunch that she ate a couple of hours earlier for the third time that week. Her husband nowhere to be found as he was probably out working late at the hospital once again, in which she was truly grateful for.

The woman didn't know what was suddenly happening to her but she only had two outcomes: one, she could have a really terrible stomach bug from something she had eaten or second, she could possibly be pregnant.

She made note that she would eventually have to buy a pregnancy test for later; just in case if she were pregnant but was hoping that wasn't the case.

Especially in the situation she was currently in right now.

Once Heather felt that she had finished emptying out her stomach, she flushed the toilet and weakly got herself up and headed towards the sink to brush her teeth.

And then a week had already passed and Heather was currently holding her head in the palm of her hands, all while receiving back rubs from one of her closest friends. Wiping her tears constantly as she went to clear her vision and looked at the small testing stick that was showcasing positive results, causing her to let out another sob in distress.

Although she had taken the test a good week ago, the results were still fresh in her mind. But the only thing she was worried about was how she was going to bring it up to her husband.

"I-it's not that I don't want a child, because I really do want one, b-but they can't live like this! N-not while I'm in this situation, Kevin gone kill me." the woman sobbed and hiccuped as she took the tissue that her friend offered her and wiped at her eyes, "I swear that I remembered that I was on birth control that time around."

"I hate to see you go through this, babe." Jamie comforted the crying woman, upset to see her long-time friend in this predicament once again, "Don't put any more stress on you and the baby and take a breath. I'm going to help you find a way out of this so you can get away from him."

At that statement, Heather had stopped crying as she began to think about the situation a little longer before looking back at her friend.

"M-maybe I can get out of it."

Jamie looked at the woman in confusion, "You really think so?"

"Yeah." the woman sniffled as she pulled out her phonebook to look through the contacts, heading towards her rotary dial telephone set on the kitchen counter, "Y-you know Kevin always forced me to make connections in his other line of work, besides him being a doctor so I have a few people in mind. I just want to get out of England for good."