🍼💙Nightmares💚🍼

(Pairing: Naegami [Makoto Naegi {little} x Byakuya Togami {cg}])

(Requested by icy_hot_!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Togami kept telling him that it wouldn't be a good idea to watch a horror movie with Owada. But did Naegi listen? No. No, he didn't.

The only reason why Byakuya had let it slide that day was because the shorter male was already little in the morning, and he'd come out of it by noon. Noon, however, seemed to be the perfect time for Mondo and Naegi to watch a certain horror flick-- The Shining.

Needless to say, Makoto never really did well while watching horror movies-- even with other people there. Throughout a good portion of the movie, the small male was practically cowering in fear as he pulled the hood of his green jacket up and over his face. He hadn't slipped, somehow, though he was pretty terrified. When the movie was over, however, he was immensely thankful.

Once the film had ended, Makoto left the room and went to go find Togami, letting him know that he was going to sleep off the whole adrenaline rush. Of course, the Ultimate Affluent Progeny knew full well as to what was likely going to happen, but the Ultimate Hope insisted on sleeping it off. With a dejected sigh, Togami waved him off as he headed to the library to find a book to read in the peace and tranquility of his own room.

Once the door was locked, he'd set a baby monitor on the nightstand next to his bed, turning on the equipment. The other half of the machinery was in Makoto's room, so that Byakuya would be able to hear if and when the little had woken up due to a likely nightmare. Sure, he always acted like he had no emotions, but he wasn't so cruel to just let his baby boy sob for an hour when Makoto needed him.

Togami gave a quiet sigh when a cry was heard from his end of the monitor after around an hour later; Naegi was awake, and it wasn't exactly in a way that the little was fond of. He calmly set his book down, turned off the monitor, put it away, and headed over to his boyfriend's room.

Togami calmly knocked on the little's door, unsure as to what sort of headspace the small male was dealing with at the moment. "Makoto?" he questioned calmly, his stern voice echoing through the room as the little boy stopped crying for a short moment. However, when Togami was answered-- not with speech, but with a small, fearful whimper-- he quietly opened the door with his own key, used for situations precisely like this, and he slipped into the room, closing the door behind him.

When he peered over at the bed, his own blue eyes locked with Naegi's big, frightened, green ones, and it wasn't hard to tell that the other had slipped before falling asleep. He was wearing his green dinosaur pajamas, his forest green paci was attached to a clip on his shirt, and his favorite stuffy-- a green brontosaurus that he'd named Emerald-- was being hugged close to his chest as crystalline tears rolled gently down his freckled cheeks.

Almost immediately, Togami began calmly walking over to the bed, where he sat down next to the fearful baby boy. "The movie really scared you, hmm?" he asked calmly as Makoto crawled into his lap, gently nestling his head into the crook of the tall male's neck with a soft whine.

"... D-Dada..." Naegi whimpered out, his voice broken as he said that simple word.

Byakuya gave a soft, quiet sigh as he held the small boy close, gently rubbing the little's back to try to help him calm down. "Daddy's here, baby boy," he spoke calmly, a softness to his voice that only Makoto had ever been able to hear. "... Now we know why Daddy doesn't want his little prince watching scary movies, don't we?" the affluent progeny asked, his voice a bit stern, though not very much-- likely since Makoto was in a young headspace, and the tall caregiver didn't want him to be any more upset than he already was.

Thankfully, Makoto didn't seem more upset by his Daddy's words, and he sniffled quietly as he responded with a small nod. However, he gave a small whimper as he hid his face, seemingly afraid of what sort of punishment he would get. With a quiet sigh, Togami fell silent. He pondered this for a moment before speaking up with a soft tone to his voice.

"... Well, it seems like a certain little boy has already been through enough of a punishment," he began calmly as Naegi peered up at his Daddy for a moment. "... But do not think that this will happen every time, Makoto. If you do something like that again, and you're in big space, you are to come to me and let me know. You are not to watch any sort of horror film while you are little, however. Am I understood?" Togami explained, his voice stern, but not intimidatingly so. Just enough to let Makoto know that he wouldn't be let off the hook next time.

Thankfully, the little hope just gave a small nod, clearly understanding the rules. He was never going to do anything like that ever again-- not ever!

Well...

Not unless he was big.