part 7

Zaahir: you're sure about my cousins coming with you?

Nausheen: I'll ask Abba today and tell you in a couple of days then you talk about it at your home.

Zaahir: okay... when shall I tell you?

Nausheen: next week when we meet... Insha'Allah?

Zaahir: we're meeting again so soon?

Nausheen: so soon? It's okay, tell me on phone.

Zaahir: no it's fine. How often are you planning to meet me before marriage?

Nausheen: I want to meet you every weekend, till its 2 months to our marriage.

Zaahir: why?

Nausheen: it's okay if you don't want to meet.

Zaahir: why not when its 2 months to nikah?

Nausheen: if we don't see each other or talk for some days, I'll be more excited to see you when we're married and I'll have more stuff to talk. And moreover, I don't want to get too close before marriage. It'll be super cute. It should ideally be like the best day, more like a surprise. Something interesting and something different. But if we meet like this every other day our wedding night will be just like another meeting.

Zaahir: then why meet so often now?

Nausheen: I just want to trust you enough to marry you.

Zaahir: you're right.

I got off the car and said salaam. It was such a nice evening. I had become his friend. I couldn't wait to meet him again. We didn't text each other a lot. But on the next Thursday he whatsappd me

Zaahir: asslamu alaikum!

Nausheen: walekum assalam

Zaahir: how're you?

Nausheen: Alhamdulillah!

Zaahir: I cannot meet you this weekend.

My face fell

Nausheen: ok. If that's what you want.

Zaahir: I am going to Dubai.

Nausheen: work?

Zaahir: yeah, from office.

Nausheen: ok then next week.

Zaahir: all my cousins are very excited to go to Hyderabad with you.

Nausheen: tell them I'm more excited than any of them.

Zaahir: sure. By the way, do you want anything from Dubai?

Nausheen: no no. you do what you're going there to do and come back safely that's enough.

Zaahir: sure?

Nausheen: yes.

Zaahir: ok then bye! I'll see you next week then.

Nausheen: okay cool! Bye! Take care.

Zaahir: yes ma'am.

I missed him in the weekend. Next week I had class and project work. The tickets were booked to go to Hyderabad. I wasn't too busy and so I started thinking of Rayyan. Everything that had happen last time was playing in front of me. I just prayed that nothing like that happen this time.

Zaahir had come back. I went to meet him. He had reached the restaurant before time again. For every move that he made I used to compare it with Rayyan. I needed to stop. I know.

I looked upset. I ordered the food this time.

Zaahir: what's up? Why do you look so lost?

Nausheen: I'm scared. Everyone's too excited about the marriage, what if anything goes wrong like last time.

Zaahir: noting will go wrong. Insha'Allah it'll all be fine.

Nausheen: hmmm

Zaahir: Nausheen, trust me. You won't regret marrying me. I cannot make you believe in my good deeds so I won't say anything. I just want to keep you happy and if you still don't like me or trust me enough to not be tensed I'll consider myself very unlucky.

Nausheen: no. it's not about you. I like you and I trust you. I'm just scared.

I was looking down while I told him this and when I looked up to him I realised that he was not paying attention to what I was saying, he kept looking behind me. I turned to see what it is. I saw a woman.

Zaahir: excuse me. I'll be right back

He just said this and went to where he was looking at, there was a baby less than a year old (the baby was crawling) the waiter carrying a hot sizzler was about to step on the baby's hand or trip and fall on the baby, either ways the baby could be badly hurt. But Zaahir just went, lifted the baby in his arms and put him beside his mom. The woman didn't even realise what could've happened. She was there with a group of other women who were her friends, I think. But I was very disturbed, she didn't even know where her baby was. It was very careless.

Zaahir: did you see that?

Nausheen: yes, you should have told her.

Zaahir: you should hide your good deeds just like you hide your evil deeds. Right? Moreover, I would say something if it wasn't a woman.

Nausheen: true that. By the way, don't you talk to any woman?

Zaahir: I do. A lot of women. Who I study with, who I work with, my neighbours.

Nausheen: but, are they your friends?

Zaahir: ummm... I wouldn't call them my friends...

Nausheen: what if I have many boy friends?

Zaahir: I'm not lecturing you. But, I'm a boy and I know what boys think of. So, talk to only those boys who you think respect you. And talk only when you HAVE to and only HOW MUCH you have to.

Nausheen: noted. I agree with you.

Zaahir: and I promise to be faithful to you. Even, 50 years from now I'll love you.

Nausheen: I promise to avoid any arguments. Even when there are any we'll talk and won't let it bother our relationship.

Zaahir: I feel like I've made the wisest decision in my life by choosing you.

Nausheen: thank god! Dude, I swear I wouldn't think of you like that. I thought you'd marry much after me since your just 2 years elder to me.

Zaahir: I know. Since I'm juts 24, everyone was shocked when I told them about marriage. But, I wanted this, I was feeling alone. Before I had any romantic feelings for anyone I wanted to make it halaal.

Nausheen: so true, I really feel that it's better to be married at 20 than to get into relationships.

Zaahir: exactly!

Nausheen: by the way, I think we should leave now.

Zaahir: it's quite late. I wonder how you kept quiet till now.

Nausheen: yeah. This is the last time we're meeting before marriage, that's why.

Zaahir: what? You had told all weekends till its 2 months. There are 3 months more for marriage.

Nausheen: yeah but next week we're leaving for Hyderabad. After coming I'll have my mid semester exams.

Zaahir: can I come shopping with you all?

Nausheen: we've been talking about this all the time. You don't want our wedding night to be special? You want it to be like another one of our meetings?

Zaahir: no. you're right.

We had almost reached home. He stopped the car, and turned towards me

Zaahir: will you text me?

Nausheen: only when I have something to say.

Zaahir: okay then

He stopped the car right in front of my house.

Nausheen: thanks for the drop! Allah hafiz!

Zaahir: Nausheen! Pray istikharah. If you're still scared...?

Nausheen: Allah! How could I have forgotten? Thanks so much Zaahir.

Zaahir: yeah. You're welcome.