Part 17

I didn't like it. It's not nice to marry against parents' permission. But, after knowing that Zaahir liked Rayyan enough to let him marry me and all the elders insisted that I marry again, I didn't have any reason to refuse this proposal.

As I wished, Rayyan took me to his mom's place in Delhi. She lived there with his youngest sister Ishrat who was his only sister who wasn't married yet.

The plan was to stay there for a month. We reached Delhi and took a cab to go to his house in dwarka, it was an apartment. We went home and Shameem auntie didn't look happy at all. It was almost time for dinner so we just ate and slept. Shameem auntie didn't try to talk to me. But every time I asked her anything she answered and I could see some hope that she might start liking me by the end of the same week.

The next day I woke up fajr and Rayyan had already gone to the masjid. I expected him to wake me up at least, I don't think I was expecting for too much. But okay. I woke up and prayed. I didn't feel very welcomed at home so I decided to sleep after prayer. I woke up at 6:30 and went out of the room at 7. Nobody was there. Rayyan was asleep. I read Quran for some time and then auntie entered from the main door. I said salaam but she ignored.

Shameem: what have you made for breakfast?

Nausheen: nothing yet

Shameem: Ishrat has class at 9 so I think you should start now.

Nausheen: what shall I make?

She just told what she had to and didn't wait till I asked her what to make.

I went into the kitchen and thought of making something sweet because it's considered nice and auspicious. But I realised there was no time to make something in dessert and something else for main course, considering the fact that it's a new place, I don't know what's kept where and there was no one in the kitchen to help me. So I decided to make puri halwa.

By 8 am, the breakfast was ready and I went and told everyone personally to come to the dining hall for breakfast.

I started serving everyone the food. Rayyan didn't even look at me in the eye. He looked into his plate and started eating immediately.

Shameem auntie stared at her plate for about 10 seconds and got up pushing off the plate. I didn't feel too bad but, I don't know why tears rolled down my cheeks.

Shameem auntie: what the hell is this? Is this the kind of breakfast you eat? There's no egg, no toast, no coffee. I thought you've learnt from two mothers and I won't have to teach you anything. You're not even young or newly married. You've been married for 2-3 years.

She told so many things. I didn't have a word to say in my defence. And surprisingly, Rayyan sat right there on the table without saying a word or reacting to it. I wouldn't mind her words if at least my husband stood by me. Let alone talking to her in my defence he didn't even look at me. With my eyes full off tears I kept looking at him expecting some sort of support but no, he didn't lift his head. Tears wouldn't stop flowing. I didn't expect this from Rayyan.

I immediately picked the breakfast up from there and went into the kitchen to make coffee and toast. Ishrat came running behind me and didn't let me touch anything.

Ishrat: bhabi, just let it be and go.

Nausheen: no, I can manage.

Ihsrat: amma is already very angry. She'll be angrier if she knows I let you work.

Nausheen: but Ishrat...

Ishrat: bhabi please, at least let her not be mad at me.

I went into the room. Crying. Rayyan and Shameem auntie were still on the dining table. I didn't even eat breakfast and no one bothered to ask me about it.

I went out of the room after what seemed like half day. I went to Shameem auntie straight.

Nausheen: what shall I make for lunch?

Shameem auntie: for starters make kababs, biryani and macaroni for main course and egg pudding for dessert.

Nausheen: is anyone coming for lunch?

Shmeem auntie: no. its just for the three of us. Ishrat doesn't come home for lunch.

Nausheen: but auntie, what about the puri halwa I made in the morning?

Shameem: we eat only fresh food. You can give it to the maid or throw it.

I had so many things running in my mind. I just wanted to find Rayyan and tell him everything that was happening but he wasn't anywhere around.

I gave the food to the maid and she told me she had already made lunch for herself and her family. She basically refused to take the food.

I made what Shameem auntie asked me to. And it was done by 12:30 in the afternoon. There was time for lunch. I went around the house trying to find Rayyan. When I didn't find him I just sat down. Then, I suddenly remembered that I had seen some poor people on the signal near our apartment. I thought I could give them the food. I tried to find auntie. It was just a street away so, I wore my abaya and went to give them the food.

This was the only time I felt good in Delhi. They took the food. Blessed me. And the kids were so happy. I felt very good. I rushed back home because I didn't want Shameem auntie to find another reason to shout at me.

I hadn't eaten anything from last night and I was feeling giddy. I remembered the times when in ammi abba's house I was not forced to eat anything I don't like and in mum's house she made sure to make something 'exclusively' for me when she made things that I don't like. But here, no one was even interested in knowing if I ate 'anything'.

I thanked Allah that Sufyan didn't come with us.

I reached home and saw Rayyan standing at the door.

**********************************

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are enjoying the entry of one negative role.

Inspired by Indian dramas. :P

Last Two chapters next.

I want to reach 1k reads before I update the last chapter.

Comment.

Vote.

Share.

:)