part 13

The holiday was too short but we had so many priceless memories...

When we came back from Vancouver we had another kind of a bond. Both of us couldn't express it. But we both knew.

He never forgot to appreciate my efforts. Let it be the food I made or the small things I did to decorate the house.

Nahida auntie never said no to anything. She let me do what I wanted. She let me cook what I wanted. She let me go to ammi's house when I wanted.

Omar also got closer to me. I was his friend. The things that he couldn't share with auntie he shared them with me and I even helped him with his studies.

My life was so ideal. I couldn't thank Allah enough.

I wasn't really missing studies so much. Like I thought I would.

Nahida auntie had to go to Delhi for a wedding. It was uncle ehsaan's niece's wedding. Surprisingly, for I don't know what reason, I wasn't invited and Zaahir wouldn't leave me alone so auntie and omar had go. Though both I and auntie would have loved it if I could go too.

In between all of this. The happiest person was Zaahir. He was happy that he didn't have to go and he got so much time to spend alone with me. Nahida auntie also had gone only for a couple of days so I didn't think I'd miss her too much.

Zaahir came home only at 5 so I stayed home alone till then.

I had finished lunch. I just kept thinking why I wasn't invited for the wedding. I wanted to make something special for dinner so started early. Marinated the fish for lemon garlic fish. I wanted to serve it with macaroni. It was the first time I was trying this combination. It wasn't very difficult though. When I was done marinating the fish, I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the time first it was just 3. It wasn't like I was scared but I really didn't like opening the door when I'm alone at home. I was too used to this since I lived with A mmi Abba. I went to the door looked in through the hole in the door. I didn't see anyone. I didn't open the door. I just pretended like nobody was at home. I heard my phone ring. I went to the kitchen to get it. It was Zaahir. Before he could say anything, I spoke very softly and told him someone was at the door and that I was scared. I could only hear him giggle on the other end.

Nausheen: it's not funny.

Zaahir: it's me. Come and open the door.

I just give myself a mental facepalm and opened the door. There was no one again. I stepped out to see if he was there. But I couldn't see him. I turned around to go back in and he shouted too close to my ear. I ran inside and closed the door behind me. He knocked the door still giggling.

Zaahir: open the door. I don't want to miss the expression on your face.

Nausheen: no. go away. You scared me.

Zaahir: I was just having some fun. Now open the door.

I opened the door and ran to hide behind the curtains. He came in, closed the door behind him and started to look for me. He kept calling my name. I was right there, trying to supress the sound of my breath. I waited behind the curtain for a while. I got bored and it didn't look like Zaahir was trying to find me anymore. I got out of the curtain frustrated. He was chilling there and eating the fish that I had made for dinner. I pretended like I was crying and went to the kitchen. He came behind me and hugged me from the back. I couldn't help but smile. I turned around to face him.

Zaahir: I love the fish.

Nausheen: yeah? I haven't even tasted it yet.

Forgetting the fact that I was hurt because he didn't even try to find me.

He put a piece of the fish in my mouth. I don't remember the taste of it. But that moment was priceless... I was just enjoying the moment and he started giggling again. I remembered I was supposed to show him that I'm angry that he tried to scare me and when I was hiding he didn't even try to find me. I pushed him away slightly and turned back.

Zaahir: I thought you were a brave girl. Like after the whole Hyderabad scene.

Nausheen: I am brave.

The same thing came into my mind again and my face fell. Why wasn't I invited?

Zaahir: I was just trying to play hide and seek but you were so scared. My idea was such a fail.

Nausheen: you came early today.

Zaahir: yeah, and you don't look happy about it.

Nausheen: it's not like you think.

Zaahir: what is it then?

Nausheen: why do you think I wasn't invited for the wedding? Am I not a part of your family yet?

Zaahir: they're Christians. It's a Christian wedding. They don't want to let everyone know that dad accepted Islam.

Nsusheen: hmmm...

Zaahir: Omar and mum are coming back tomorrow so I thought we should spend some time alone. But all my plans look like failed today.

Nausheen: let me finish what I've started then we can sit and talk.

Zaahir: okay. Let me help you.

Nausheen: no. let me do.

He sat down on the nearest dining chair. I finished making the other dishes in less than 20 minutes.

Then, we both got dressed took some selfies. Then Zaahir got a huge carton. It was filled with photo albums. He opened one by one and told me the story behind all of them. Many of his pictures were with me. I was so bossy. I was so embarrassed now. In one of the pictures I had my right elbow resting on his left shoulder. We both laughed and had awesome time talking about the pictures. When we had finished seeing all the pictures it was time for dinner and after dinner we sat on the terrace with a big bowl of ice cream.

When we were enjoying this too much we decided to lie down here for some time before we slept actually. Sleeping in his arms felt like the safest thing ever. I rested my head on his shoulder lying very close to him, his left arm wrapped me. We looked at the starry sky. It was beautiful.

Zaahir was still talking about how he wanted to find a fault in Rayyan so that he could tell Abba that Rayyan is not right for me and that he wants to marry me, I slept. I felt conscious when he turned towards me and kissed my forehead but I didn't open my eyes. But I don't know when I slept again.

When Zaahir was putting me on the bed carefully I woke up again and tried to pretend like I was still sleeping. But damn! I couldn't stop smiling. How the hell I'm I supposed to not smile at this sweet loving gesture of his?

Zaahir: naughty girl.

I let out a giggle. Zaahir came and slept on the other side of our bed. Cupped my cheek with his hand.

Zaahir: I love you, Nausheen.

Nausheen: I love you more.

********†***********†***********†********

Hello everyone! :)

I hope you all like this chapter.

This is personally one of my favorites.

I'm extremely sorry for all the typing errors that were there, I correct them ASAP. I don't know how I don't see them sometimes while editing.

And

This chapter is dedicated to fareshsheik one more bestie! :D

Thankyou so much for all the votes and comments. :)

Keep reading. Keep voting. :)