Chapter Two

I finished my shift at five and made my way home. I lived two blocks away but in the middle of October the sun was starting to set. I walked briskly to my apartment and locked all three locks. In my neighborhood everything creepy lived around every corner. I was literally exhausted from working my eight hour shift and went to sleep.

I was awoken by a banging on the door. I had paid the rent this month so there was no reason for my landlord to pester me. I looked out the door and saw Starbucks man. I couldn’t believe he actually found out where I live.

“I know you’re in there Bella I can see your shadow from out here.” Shit I should’ve turned out the light before I looked. I slowly opened the door and peeked out to see.

“What do you want?”

“To take you to dinner obviously. You agreed earlier did you not Jenny?” He pushed his way inside and inspected my apartment.

“L-look I don’t appreciate you snooping around my house. I just said ok so I’d get my phone back.”

“So you lied then? I really hate liars darling” he said whispering. “Go get dressed. I’ll be waiting out here.”

I walked into my room and started searching for a dress. I almost felt under his spell. I didn’t argue with him or anything. I threw on my only pair of slacks that had gotten a little tighter over the past few months and an over the shoulders sweater, with a pair of black pumps.

“Ready? And would you stop snooping everywhere, it’s weird.”

“Let’s go” he said shrugging his should and leading me to his car. I began daydreaming, I had to be at work at 9. What time did I have to be in bed to get enough sleep.

“Bella, I’m speaking to you!” Michael said pulling me out of my day dream.

“I-I’m sorry, what did you ask me?” I stuttered distracted by his chocolate eyes.

“I asked you what you do for a living?”

“Oh I-I work at a Supermarket.” Michael parked the car, and pulled out his phone and was yelling at someone in Italian. “Jenny, what’s the name of your job?”

“It’s called EZ Supermarket.” Something told me not to tell him, but my conscience has been out of whack since I met Michael yesterday at Starbucks. He ended the conversation, looked at me intently and said “You don’t need to work anymore.”

“M-Michael what does that even mean?”

“It means no girl of mine is working at some skeezy ass Supermarket.”

“Oh hell no! I need that job, I have loans and bills to pay. My mother didn’t raise a fool. So call whoever you were just talking to and get my goddamn job back, right now!” I didn’t stutter that time. Michael turned his head towards me and squinted his eyes. I knew then I’d messed up.

“Bella you’ve clearly lost your mind. Even my mother doesn’t speak to me like that. Now move you pretty ass out of my car because the valet is waiting.” He smirked, hit the button on my seat belt, opened his door and walked in the restaurant. I walked into the Italian restaurant, and stared at everything except for what was in front of me, when I walked into a wall, or should I say Michael. He turned around unfazed and diverted his attention to the receptionist. “Reservation for Mancini”

We were directed to our seats, I ordered water and Michael order some fancy white wine that probably cost more than two months of my rent. I glanced at the menu and everything was in Italian even the damn description, before I could panic, Michael ordered for me. Everyone’s eyes were on us, when I say us I mean the man in front of me.

“So Bella tell me about yourself.”

“What’s there to say I’m not very interesting.”

“I’m sure you can come up with something.” 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW: She doesn't know what he does for a living yet. Hope you enjoy. I'll put up a wack ass cover when I get off of work!