Chapter Twelve

2 Months Later

Michael's Point of View

Jenny is dragging me to this stupid Lamaze class. I missed the first two classes so I had to go to this one. The teacher looked like a hippie with one small section of her hair in locks. She had socks and flip flops and yoga pants. I felt like an alien in this class everyone was so in tune with what she was saying and there were taking notes. I had a paper and pad in front of me but I was so bored.

"Dad's it's your job to step in for mommy when she's tired. Like changing diapers and cleaning throw up. You have to make an emotional connection with the baby." Nope. This is too much work. Emotional connection? What in the hell. Don't they just eat, sleep, and shit?

"Alright everyone lets move to the breathing space. Dad's please sit behind your wife or girlfriends and follow my breathing." Everyone started follow her breathing. I couldn't laugh so my eyes started welling up with tears. This is hilarious.

"Come on Michael, do it with me. We have to practice." Jenny looked up at me bright eyed. I rolled my eyes and started breathing. I looked like the rest of these idiots but I knew she wanted me to participate. After a half hour of stretching and breathing our session was finally over.

"I'm so excited for little Mikey to meet us! Aren't you?"

"Yea I am. Hopefully little man comes out with my looks." She rolled her eyes.

"What you trying to say? No he's going to look like me but with your hair." We got into the car and made our way home.

"So Jenny. What do you think about us moving to Italy?"

"Well I don't know how we'd adjust. What about the baby. I only know a little bit of Italian. We still have to plan the wedding. Why do you want to leave?"

"Well Mama and I were talking about it and the majority of the family is there. And there is so much I can do to expand." She grabbed a Snickers out of her pocket. She usually ate the chocolate when she was anxious.

"Let me think about it for a bit ok." She waddled her way to her side of the bed and started watching Scandal. I got dressed and got ready for work.

"Alright babe I'll see you later."

"Alright babe! Home by 6 ok? And bring me some chocolate too!" I kissed her stomach and her forehead and walked out the door. I couldn't wait for this baby.

-----------------------------------------

I want to thank everyone for the prayers and the messages and the comments. I really needed it! I have a little down time today so I thought I'd do something. I couldn't be idle all day. So I'm feeling better I'm eating and sleeping more. Still hurts like a bitch though. But I'm feeling a lot better! I really want to thank y'all so very much. For everything y'all have really lifted my spirits over the last few days.

This is dedicated to the Grandfather that made up for two! And was one of the best men I have ever had the pleasure meeting. He has been with me for almost 20 years and taught me to save, plants cucumbers and play the piano. Thank you for the memories, the years, and all of the laughs. You will be loved forever. Thank you so much! You mean the world to me, and to everyone you came in contact with. That's some good eating!! XOXO