Fourteen

"Anna, you came home late." Esmé said as Arthur and Anna walked inside. Both Esmé and John were sitting at the table. "Did some guys give you and Grace trouble?"

Arthur patted his coat and looked at Anna and then John. Anna was about to answer, but it seemed like Arthur had something to say.

"No, she was there with Isaiah." Arthur said. John furrowed his brows and put down his glass.

"Isaiah? As in peaky boy Isaiah?" John said and Arthur started to lean back onto the wall. "And you were there alone?"

"This ought to be good." Arthur laughed.

"Yeah, we were just talking." Anna said confused. "What's so wrong with that?"

"Anna, don't be naive." John rolled his eyes . "I have known that boy since he was running around with diapers on, I know what talking means."

"Isaiah, that sweetheart." Arthur commented in a snarky voice. "Don't be hard on the kid."

"I hope you arnt messing around with him." John said and gave Anna a stern look. "He's a peaky boy, you know what he gets up to."

Esmé was about to comment, but she stayed quiet.

"I am not messing around with him!" Anna said frustrated. "And so what if he's a peaky blinder, my whole family is!"

"You know what I mean, Anna." John looked at her and then Arthur. "Arthur, back me up on this one."

Anna turned to look at her other brother who didn't want to partake in this argument.

"Look, Anna, he's a nice kid-" Arthur said as his eyes shifted from John to her. "But like all the peaky blinders, he has a reputation."

"Okay, and?" Anna said as she looked at her two brothers with confusion.

"Anna, lets just be honest here." John huffed out. "He's a dog. He's not fit for you."

"You have no business in who I date and who I don't." Anna said and tried to look at Esmé for back up. Esmé ignored her look at started to fix things around the kitchen.

"Okay, Anna." John sucked his teeth and raised his eyebrow. "But if he does anything to you, I will kill him."

"Woah, woah John." Arthur chimed in.

"To even think he would try it with our sister." John kept going as he got more frustrated. "That little shit."

"He's not trying to do anything John!" Anna rolled her eyes. She started to walk up to her room in frustration. Stomping every step she was walking.

"He better not, Anna!" John yelled as she got to her room.

Who the fuck does he think he is? Does my brother think I am that stupid and can't use my own common sense? Anna thought as she slung herself onto her bed. Fucking idiot..