Chapter One

A/N: Rosalind's outfit throughout the chapter is above.

New Orleans

Klaus and Rosalind sits at a witches table

Klaus and Rosalind sits at a witches table. "Good afternoon. Time for two more?"

"I have nothing to say to you too."

"Oh, now that's not very amiable, is it? You don't even know us."

"I know what you are. A vampire. And a half-vampire, half-beast. You're the hybrid.

"I'm the Original hybrid, actually, but that's a long story for another time."

Rosalind smirks " we're looking for someone, a witch. Perhaps you might be able to help us find her. Jane-Anne Deveraux." The woman visibly reacts to the name.

"Sorry. I don't know."

Klaus leans toward her. "Well, now that's a fib, isn't it?" Klaus takes the woman's hand on the table, smiling. "Now, you see, I know that you're a true witch amongst this sea of poseurs, so enough with the fabrications. I've quite a temper."

Agnes withdraws her hand. "Witches don't talk outta school in the Quarter. The vampire won't allow it. Those are the rules. I don't break Marcel's rules."

"Marcel's rules? Where do you suppose we might find Marcel?"

•••

Klaus and Rosalind enter a bar where Marcel is performing karaoke on stage, Marcel finishes the song.

Marcel speaks into the microphone "thank you." Marcel jumps down from the stage to applause and joins a few companions, who hand him a drink.

"You killed it, man." Sensing Klaus, Marcel pauses before looking over at him. Marcel's companions notice the sudden tension.

"Klaus."

"Marcel."

"Must be a hundred years since that nasty business with your papa."

"Has it been that long?" Klaus and Marcel start to approach one another slowly.

"The way I recall it, he ran you outta town. Left a trail of dead vampires in his wake."

"And yet how fortunate you managed to survive. My father, I'm afraid, I recently incinerated to dust." Klaus' aggressive tone alerts Marcel's companions to stand and ready themselves for a confrontation, causing Rosalind ready herself. Her eyes widen when it turns out there are much more than just a few of them, as half the restaurant gets on its feet.

"Well, if I'd known you were coming back in town, if I had a heads-up-"

"What, Marcel? What would you have done?" Klaus and Marcel are nose to nose, the tension thick.

Marcel pauses before answering. "I'd have thrown you a damn parade." Marcel's face breaks into a wide grin and he laughs, which Klaus returns and they embrace like long-lost brothers. Marcel draws back and places his hands on either side of Klaus' neck.