Chapter Six

A/N: Rosalind's outfit throughout the chapter is above.

Bloodletting

Dozens of vampires have congregated in the courtyard of the compound, where they all talk amongst themselves and drink

Dozens of vampires have congregated in the courtyard of the compound, where they all talk amongst themselves and drink. After a moment, Marcel appears on the balcony.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Fight Night! And, the first rule of Fight Night is: the vampire left standing at the end of the night is one step closer to the inner circle, and one of these--" He holds up the hand on which he wears his ring "a daylight ring. If you can impress me with a little ultra-violence, you too can enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face. All you got to do is kick a little ass. Here we go!" All the vampires form a circle as they wait for the announcement of the first fighters.

"Our first two contenders: Felicia and Otto!" Felicia and Otto fight while the rest of the vampires cheer them on. At one point, it appears that Otto has the upper-hand, but ultimately Felicia wins the fight by wrapping her legs around his neck and twisting her hips to snap his neck. "Damn, girl! Not bad!" Suddenly, Rosalind, Klaus, and Elijah enter the courtyard. Klaus walks behind Felicia and snaps her neck, the whole room goes silent.

"Good evening! I'd like a word."

"What do you think you're doing?"

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs! We've come here for the girl. Give it to us, or we kill everyone here... starting with you."

"You three got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands."

Klaus smiles fakely. "Your home, is it?"

"The girl! I will not ask again." Rosalind spoke angrily.

"I assume you're talking about Hayley? Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude? Who is she, anyway?"

"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends."

"Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?"

Elijah, Rosalind, and Klaus are sitting in the courtyard. Some of the vampire fighters are milling around the compound.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?"

Rosalind snorted before looking over at Elijah. "You do realize they can hear you?"

"You do realize I don't care?" Marcel appears, followed by some vampires, and the witch, Sabine.