Chapter Seven

A/N: Rosalind's outfit throughout the chapter above.

The River in Reverse

An elaborate breakfast has been set up in the dining room of the plantation house

An elaborate breakfast has been set up in the dining room of the plantation house. Rebekah and Klaus sit across from each other at the table, which is full of fruit and pastries. One of the servers, a young woman, stands by Klaus' chair as he bites her wrist and feeds from her.

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?"

Rebekah plays dumb. "No, should I have?

"He's been mysteriously silent-- avoiding me, some might say. I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all of those sweet nothings."

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you."

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes." He starts mocking her. "My saintly noble brother lies writhing in agony in the Bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain." Rosalind walks into the dining room to see the two siblings arguing. She quietly takes a seat on a chair in between the siblings, picking up a strawberry and taking a bite.

"On the contrary, Nik, I am simply enjoying my brekkie, waiting for Elijah's healthy return."

"Oh, come on Rebekah, you've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it!"

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth."

"Poppycock! I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger." Rebekah smirks as she stands up from her seat.

"There is something fundamentally wrong with you." She walks out of the room, leaving Klaus alone at the table.

-

Rosalind sat in the parlor journaling when Rebekah walked in.

"Roz..."

"Hm?" Rosalind hummed not bothering to look up from her journal.

"There's something you should know."

Rosalind finally looks up from her journal with her eyebrow raised in confusion. "Rebekah, what did you do?"

"It's not what I did, it more of what I'm about to do. Marcel and I are planning to take down Nik."

Rosalind stood up dropping her journal and walking closer to Rebekah. "Are you really that dumb? Or just naturally blonde." Rosalind sighs. "I'm sorry, that was harsh."