Chapter Nine

A/N: Rosalind's outfit throughout the chapter is above.

The Casket Girls

"For centuries, people have come to New Orleans looking for a fresh start

"For centuries, people have come to New Orleans looking for a fresh start. Looking to find adventure, fortune, and even love. Young society women imported from France with the promise of marrying a proper New Orleans gentleman like the legendary Casket Girls."

New Orleans is abuzz with mills of people in town for the annual Casket Girls Festival. A horse and carriage are seen driving down the street while people dressed up in old fashioned costumes and wedding dresses drink on the sidewalks. Rebekah walks down the street with a smile on her face as she takes in the party atmosphere.

"The Casket Girls legend lives on, now celebrated in typical New Orleans fashion with stylish costumes and supernatural flair. It's a yearly reminder of how woman can be oppressed by selfish men and how they can triumph when brave enough to fight for themselves."

-

Cami is screaming in agony on the floor while Davina magically strips the compulsion from her mind. While she works, Rosalind and Josh stand in the background and examines the notes Cami has left around her room. Earlier that morning Davina called Rosalind explaining her plan to take away the blonde bartenders compulsion.

Cami cries out in pain. "Oh god, it hurts!" Davina knees down in front of her.

Davina looks at her sympathetically. "I'm sorry, Cami. It's the only way to break Klaus' compulsion."

"Believe me, I know what it's like. You're okay." Josh spoke up from where he stood.

Rosalind picks up one of Cami's post-it notes. "All these notes that you made? It's very Momento of you. Nice work."

"We've been at this all night. I don't understand what's happening to me, I don't understand any of this--"

"But you will. I will unlock every stolen memory, undo every piece of mind control that any vampire has ever done to you. When I'm done, you will understand all of it, and you'll be free. I can stop if you want me to."

Cami looks at Davina, determined. "No, don't stop. I want to remember everything."

-

Davina continues working her magic while Camille screams in pain. Davina drops to her knees and releases the spell, allowing Cami a moment to breathe.

"You should start to feel, like, a weight lifting."

"And your cheat sheets are about to make a lot more sense." He bends down to drop the files onto the floor, but when the sunlight streaming through the window burns his hand, he winces in pain and quickly jerks his hand back.