Chapter Two

A/N: Rosalind's outfit for this chapter is above.

House of the Rising Son

Rosalind laid on her bed, her laptop sat in front of her

Rosalind laid on her bed, her laptop sat in front of her. As she was typing a familiar voice was heard from downstairs. Rosalind got up from where she laid and left her room to be standing at the top of the stairs, staring at the blonde she wasn't ready to see yet.

"Rebekah..."

"Hello, Rosalind." Rebekah then looks to Hayley "you must be the maid. My bags are in the car, get them will you?"

"Hello. Not the maid."

"Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?"

"You have your brother's manners."

Rosalind coughed "and his temper, too."

Rebekah rolled her eyes in response. "Where's Elijah."

Before Rosalind could reply Hayley spoke. "Beats me. He's long gone."

"What do you mean 'long gone'?"

"Well, one minute he was making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into. He was all poetic about how we're family and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire."

Rosalind sighs from beside the pregnant werewolf "Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Which means Nik has done something dastardly and Klaus-like."

Rebekah walks closer to the staircase yelling. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Klaus opens a pair of doors and enters the room. "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?"

"They were very rude. Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends."

"I do have friends. I have Rosalind. I also have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course, you do. He fancies himself the 'king of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with you."

"I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?"

"Perhaps he's on holiday... or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I."

"I remember everything."

Rebekah walks through a doorway into a room filled with people dressed in their finery for some sort of party. They nod at Rebekah as she passes.