Chapter Eleven

A/N: Rosalind's outfit throughout the chapter is above.

Dance Back from the Grave

___________________________

Rebekah, Rosalind, and Elijah walk through the streets of the Quarter while they talk about recent events. "Now, you may doubt him, but today, I saw Niklaus demonstrate mercy towards an enemy. Tell me that's not progress."

Rosalind laughs. "Please, Elijah. Who do you think convinced Klaus to let Thierry out?"

Elijah looks at the pair in confusion. "Why would you do such a thing?"

"Because, despite Klaus' reprieve, Thierry despises him. I like that about Thierry. I also like that he used to date a witch, so he knows about French Quarter covens. Maybe he can lead Rosalind and me to whoever stole off with the Harvest magic."

"We are all devastated by the outcome of this ritual."

Rosalind stops walking. "That's just it. There was no outcome. We both know that power like that doesn't just vanish. I say someone stole it. We'd like to know who, and then Rebekah and I would like to make an ally out of them."

"To what end, exactly?"

"I'm tired of being threatened and controlled by our tyrant brother. If you want to stop a bully, you need the power to stand up to them."

"I expect such behavior from Niklaus. It's so very disappointing when it comes from both of you. Do you not see that, in his way, he's making an effort here? He's invited us back into our family home, Rebekah. He yearns for our family to be reunited."

"Yes. He's in a brilliant mood now, but for how long? It's his trick, Elijah. He lulls you into a false sense of camaraderie and kinship, and then he turns on you like a snake. I fall for it every time and wind up with a dagger in my chest for my trouble. No more."

"I believe that he is approaching some semblance of peace here. Leadership may, in fact, be a good thing for him. Now, sister, Rosalind, please, I ask you, if you cannot support him, then at least do nothing to provoke him."

...

Rosalind walks into one of the rooms in the compound to find Marcel pouring himself a drink. "Mind pouring me a glass?" Marcel fills another glass, handing it to her as he sits down on the couch. Rosalind takes a seat beside him, hugging the glass against her, tightly. She sighs before speaking hesitantly. "I'm truly sorry about Davina, Marcel. She was a very sweet girl, I really wanted the best for her."

Marcel looks up from his drink, turning to face Rosalind. "Thank you for being there for her, Davina really liked you." Rosalind smiled, she blinks away the tears that were brimming at her waterline.