Chapter 3

Y/N POV

8:45 pm

I take off the surgical gown that consumed me for a pleasant 3 hours while performing 4 surgeries involving head trauma. Usually I'd be taking a nice 15 min nap but with the flow of trauma patients I doubt I will ever get one.

"Hey cutie you done?" Asked Sohee who is a nurse and my closest friend in the hospital.

"I'm almost at 14 hours into my 22 hour shift. You?"

"I've got 5 more hours." Said Sohee as she filled out some charts.

"That 5 hours is gonna feel like getting tests back from radiology."

She chuckles. "I know."

"INCOMING!! WE NEED AN OR STAT!!" Screamed the paramedic. "25 year old male, hit by a sedan at high speed. He's got shrapnel lodged right under his heart and some potential hemorrhaging in the brain. PULSE IS DROPPING!!"

"Take him to Bay 3." I instructed while following the paramedic.

"Hold on!" Screamed a young lady. "This is the CEO of Xion Medical Corps. I want him to be treated by the top surgeon!"

"Miss, the CEO is in critical condition and needs to get immediate medical attention in order to save his life." I explain while hoping she'll shut her mouth and let me do my job.

"Dr Y/L/N is the top surgeon okay she'll take great care of him." Sohee says while ushering the lady to the waiting room. "Go save another life Y/N. You got this."

I can do this.

I quickly scrubbed up and entered the OR. I gave instructions and held the scalpel in my hand.

Mr. CEO, this is gonna be one helluva day for you.

9:00 pm

Shit.

The shrapnel was a bitch.

It was lodged about 1 cm next to the aorta. Carefully I grasped onto the shrapnel and removed it from the patient.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

All I could see was blood. The patient was losing blood and was crashing.

"Y/N he's bleeding out somewhere!" called out one of my PA's.

"I must have nicked the aorta or an artery. Suction." I ordered.

Flat line. The buzzing sound rang in my head.

After the blood was slightly minimized I saw it. There was a slight tear on the aorta.

"Give me a graft." I insert the graft and sutured it up. "Suction." I removed the excess blood and held my breath.

beep.

I released by breath.

Thank God.

I closed him up and ordered a CT of the patient's brain.

12:00 am

I analyze the charts and there is was. An epidural hematoma right there on the left cortex of the brain.

We were sent right back into the OR where Mr. CEO was prepped for a burr hole.

1:00 am

I watched Mr. CEO being sent off to the VIP room and sighed and spread out my arms. 4 hours in the OR was a bit rough so I went off into a break room to eat a snack that was long due.