Chapter 7

Y/N POV

9:00 pm

I was worried.

Leaving Mr. Jeon with Dr. Yoon was something I'm not exactly comfortable with. Dr. Yoon is an exceptional surgeon but not the greatest conversationalist, and makes things really awkward.

I'm just going to check how things went.

Will he still be up at 9?

I found myself already in the elevator and heading up into the VIP floor.

Oh well.

I softly knock on the door but get no answer. I open the door slightly and step inside the room.

I couldn't hear an EKG.

There was a black figure obstructing my view of Mr. Jeon.

Then I realized it.

They were suffocating him.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

I didn't wait for a single second. I ran up and pushed them off the bed. Mr. Jeon gasped for air and grabbed my hand.

"You're okay." I reassure him, I hit the Code Blue button. "You're okay."

I turn back around and the figure's black hands wrapped around my neck.

They pushed me into the wall. There was only 10 seconds until I passed out cold. I grabbed their head and smashed mine as hard as I could against their nose.

They screamed in pain and loosened their grip and I took that opportunity to throw them onto the ground.

The nurses and Dr. Yoon come rushing through the door that second and I get distracted.

"CHECK THE PATIENT!" I yell.

The black figure tried to push past the nurses but before they could Sohee rammed them with the crash cart and I once again threw them onto the floor this time getting them into a shoulder lock.

I could hear the EKG back on and Mr. Jeon's slightly increased heart rate. Also one of the nurses calling security.

In seconds security was here to pick up the figure, who turned out to be a worker that Mr. Jeon fired and the perpetrator who ran him over.

"You should have called me if you were going to check on the patient. Why would you do such an absurd thing?" Dr. Yoon was pissed. "Our female staff shouldn't be engaged in physical fights with men."

Sohee slowly walks over to my side. "Dr. Yoon as a doctor the patient is my largest priority. Our patient had less than 10 seconds before passing out and developing a potentially worse condition. Being a female or male or any gender should never affect that."

Dr. Yoon looks at me in shock. "I was wrong about you." And abruptly leaves the room.

"Sohee did I say that just know?"

"Yes you did honey." She pats my shoulder and leaves the room as well. 

I hear a slight cough and immediately turn to Mr. Jeon. "My apologies.  Are you okay? Any pain? Headache? Dizziness? Pressure-"

"No." He grabs my hand. He was shaking.

I look at his hand. "You're shaking."

"It was so fucking scary. Seeing you fight I thought you were gonna die but you were like kicking his ass like Ronda Rousey."

"Shouldn't you be more worried about yourself? You just had an operation and someone was choking you."

"They choked me for like 3 seconds until you beat his ass. You're amazing." He made dead eye contact with me and I could feel my heart beating twice as fast. "I don't know how I could ever repay you for saving my life twice."

"You don't have to. It's my job to care for my patients."

"But." He swings his legs off the bed so I'm between his legs. "You seriously just fought someone. That's not medicine for as much as I know. I really need to tighten the security." He reaches down and grabs his backpack and pulls a small box out of it. He opens the small box and it's a first aid kit. "Pull that chair over here."

I pull it over. "Why?"

"Sit down." I do what he tells me to. "You have a cut."

I back away. "I can do it myself."

"You think I don't know that?" He pulls me closer to him. He takes out the antibacterial ointment and puts it on my cut on my forehead. I flinch a little. Noticing that he blows on it a little bit and puts a band aid on. "See was it really that hard?"

"Thank you." I look at the ground.

He smiles widely and squeezes my hand. "You aren't the only one who can apply a band aid."

He is so c u t e.