Chapter 6

WONWOO'S POV

I was working on my final business agreement when I checked the time on my phone.

3:00.

She should be here any moment. The nurse said my appointment would be at 3:05.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in."

The door opened and... it was Ms. Min.

I lay back into my bed.

"It seems that Dr. Y/L/N is in an operation but will be out in 15 minutes," Explains Ms. Min, "should I ask for another doctor to come in?"

"No. I'll wait." I responded.

15 min later.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in."

Y/N enters and looks absolutely exhausted.

"I am extremely sorry for being late." she bows.

"No it's okay." I shut my laptop.

"Were you catching up on work?" she asks.

"Yeah. A lot happens in 2 days. Are you okay you look exhausted."

"I'm fine. What about you? Any pain or itchiness?"

"No."

"Okay, I'm going to start my post surgery exam."

I nod.

"I'm going to check your heart first," She says while pulling over an ultrasound, "I'm gonna have you lie down and take your shirt off. I'm gonna put some of this gel on you and scan over your heart." She lowers my bed while turning on the ultrasound.

While she is putting on her gloves I try and take my shirt off but I can't untie the ribbon. My heart rate increases and Y/N turns her attention to me.

"It's okay let me do it." She quick undoes the ribbon and helps me take my shirt off.

"What happened?"

"You're just sore and it's hard to untie it. Nothing to worry about. I'm gonna put the gel on now, it's a bit cold."

"Okay."

She puts the gel on and then uses the tracer to see my heart. She smiles softly.

"Your heart looks great. We're going to get a MRI and you'll be done. I am going to wrap you back up and we'll be on our way."

"Okay."

She wipes off the gel and put the cover over my stitches. Then she has me sit up so then she could wrap it. While wrapping me up she'd get close, to the point I could smell the flowery scent of shampoo.

"All done. Let me go grab a wheelchair and we'll be on our way." She pulls the wheelchair out and helps me get into it.

5:00 pm

The jerk walks in and doesn't even bother to knock on my door. "Hello Mr. Jeon I'm here to tell you the results of the MRI."

"Where is Dr. Y/L/N?"

"She currently dealing with a patient." He tells me.

"What are my results?"

"Well it looks like Y/N did a good job on the burr hole so there are no problems."

"Y/N?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry that's what I usually call her. Dr. Y/L/N." He pauses. "Has she said anything about me?"

"What?"

He goes back to reading the chart, "Never mind." 

"Dr. Yoon are you involved in a relationship with her?"

"No. But I-. Never mind."

"What?"

"I want to."

"What do you like about her?"

"She's stunning and skilled."

I scoff.

What a fucker.

"She is voted the beauty of the hospital you know? God blessed her."

"Dr. Yoon you know that you're her senior right?"

His smile fades. "What do you mean?"

"Never mind. I'm going to make some business calls."

"Yes sir." The idiot continues to stand there.

I stare at him. This brainless idiot. I motion with my hand for him to leave.

"Oh. I'll be leaving." Robotically he turns around and exited the premises.

There I sat staring at the off-white ceiling until I fell asleep.