Chapter 8

WONWOO POV

The 2 weeks went by really quick. We have had so many conversations that I have never had before with anyone in my life which quickly I realized it's what I needed this whole time. My feelings grew to an unbearable size but I was being released today.

I asked Y/N if I could go outside and she took me out herself.

"This air is so much better than inside the hospitals."

What am I saying?

"I agree. The smell of a hospital isn't that pleasing." She stops at a bench and parks my wheelchair and stretches her arms out before taking a seat. 

"Aren't you on a shift?"

"I'll use my break time." She crosses her legs and leans back on the bench.  "I think I deserve it since I've been working since 5:30 this morning."

"When does your shift end?"

She groans and leans onto the arm rest of the bench. "8 am tomorrow."

"That's a 27 hour shift!"

"Yeah. I love work but long shifts are a pain."

"How do you have time to have a personal life? Don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" She laughs then stops abruptly and coughs. "Sorry. That's like foreign land to me."

"No way. You haven't had one?"

"I have." She fidgets with her badge. She sticks up her pointer finger. "One."

"When?"

"In college he cheated on me because I have a tough schedule."

"What an asshole." 

She nods repeatedly. "I guess you could say that. What about you Mr. Jeon? Have you had any girlfriends?"

"I had one in college. She was really controlling so I had to break up with her." I reply.

"That is understandable. No one likes clingy people ... So are you excited for your release?" She asks still fiddling with her badge.

"I like that I'm leaving but now I have a lot of work to catch up on." Also I'd be leaving you.

"I bet. Well let's go back now, you're gonna be released in an hour."

"Okay."

She pushes me all the way to my room and wishes for my recovery.

God I love her.