Chapter Five

The next morning, Cole woke up earlier than him. "Look at this!"

Ethan blinks blearily at his phone screen with really high brightness. It was opened to a website. Ransverra's news club website. Titled with caps lock letters and an exclamation mark that says, TREVOR QUILL THE MIRACLE TEEN! On the upper front page of the article.

"What?" Ethan sits up straighter. He blinks his eyes in disbelief. Trevor came out yesterday. How the hell did he have time to be interviewed? He snorts. Of course, he does. He's a Quill! He'll do anything for fame and attention.

"You gotta be kidding me." Ethan scans the page that was worth almost two and a half pages. The news club hasn't only interviewed Trevor, but the whole family too. There were a couple of paragraphs saying something nasty and wicked about him, well, most of it is about that.

"Have you read this part?" Cole slides his finger on the screen, dragging up. "They say someone paid the hospital bills anonymously. Oh, and they're going to withdraw their charges."

Glancing at the tiny words on the screen, he can't help but feel like it's one of their traps. "Maybe you read it wrong."

Huffing, Cole glares at him. "My eyesight is better than yours."

But they both knew that wasn't true. He couldn't see the damned board even from the front row so Ethan let him have this one.

"Well this one says exactly like what I said!" he kept on insisting.

Ethan groans. "It's too early for this kind of thing. Our names are already disgraced."

Cole took the phone away from him when he finished. "Yeah. I know. He's saying so many things behind our backs, well, you know how he is. The good news is, I don't think Bianca's interested in you anymore."

"Thank god for that." Ethan sighs, falling back onto the bed.

"No. Nope." Cole pulls him up. "We going to school now."

He turns his head to him, an expression of disbelief flits across his face. "What? What the hell happened to you? Just a few days before, I had to push you off the bed to wake you up!"

"I'm a changed man." A proud grin plastered on Cole's face. In a flash, his face turns serious. "But seriously. I'd like to get to school earlier than that miracle bastard."

Groaning, Ethan forces himself to get up. He had wished for most of his life that Cole would miraculously wake up early and now, he kinda regrets it.

"I'm driving." Cole continues. "I don't think you're mentally ready to drive, you know."

Fixing his brother a deadpanned look, he heaves his body away from the comfortable bed and its warm duvet. He was mid-way down the stairs when he heard his mother's hysteric voice calling his name.

"What? What's going on?" he hurried over to the source of the sound, which turns out to be in his father's office. He didn't expect to see a huge smile on his mother's face, contrasting to his father's serious expression.

Mara reaches over and hugs him. "I am so happy! The Quills withdraw their charges on us! Aren't you happy too?"

Ethan, taken aback by his mother's joyful tone and a huge smile, nods unsurely. "Yeah. Cole showed me."

Mara shrieks again. "Thank god this is over!"

She kept the huge grin, skipping out of the room. They heard Cole's surprised yell that gave off a few curse words. Ethan waited for the volcanic to erupt but none came. Ethan's eyes found his father's.