Chapter Eleven

Saturday came and Levi contacted Aiden Kent the first thing in the morning. Mara waits by his side, fidgeting whilst sipping her tea. Ever since his parents allowed neither of them to go out of the house, the two of them have been stuck doing useless things. Finding the rule a bit ridiculous, Cole rebelled in keeping his mouth shut almost all the time and busied himself doing overdue assignments downstairs.

As for him, he was trying to digest every information his father gave him. Filling the holes that were made ever since Aiden Kent came for the first time. Everything made no sense even with the newfound information. Bored, he trudges downstairs to find his mother typing furiously on her laptop.

She stops and crosses her arms. Her eyes narrowed as she sniffs dramatically. "Have you showered? You know what, don't bother answering. Go shower."

"But, mom..." he trails off, not sure his mother appreciated the meaning of lazy weekends.

"Go. Or I'll take your phone away for a month."

"That's not fair." He mumbles as he made his feet walk back upstairs.

"What was that?" his mother calls out.

"Nothing!"

Gritting his teeth, he slammed open the door only to hold it from slamming into a dresser. He winces, hoping his mother didn't hear that. He swore she has elephant ears. Not wanting to anger Mama Bear anymore, he heads straight to shower.

Suddenly, as water rained down his skin, a thought appeared in his mind. That thought brought him to the day when he saw her. Whoever she is, he couldn't get rid of the intensifying pull that gravitated towards her. He wished he could get a clear view of her face.

The sudden change in him wanted to touch her. A niggling sense at the back of his mind brought slight pain, just like that time when his memory is being triggered. He waits for the sweating or any sign, but none came and he released a sigh of disappointment.

A hard knock woke him from his daydream. Faintly, he heard Cole complaining outside. It brings out a resigned sigh as he turns off the shower, wrapped himself in a towel before exiting the bathroom.

"Ew," Cole says as soon as he came out. His brother's eyes trained on his stomach. "Dude, don't flaunt it unless you have it."

Ethan rolls his eyes. "I do have it."

"Duh. Not as great as mine though." Cole shrugs carelessly, stepping into the bathroom for his turn.

Sighing, he sometimes wondered why his brother is such a girl. Other times, not so much. He filed through his clothes until he settled on shorts and a T-shirt—which is all he has to be honest. Seeing as he won't be going outside anytime this weekend, why bother putting a show?

His mother is now baking, much different to the position he last saw her. She wore an oven mitten placed on her hand and an apron tied around her waist. But she's glowering at him.

"When I say go shower, I meant a quick shower. Not finish-the-town's-water-supply-shower!" Mara rants, lips set in a thin line.

He gave her a sheepish grin, making himself comfortable on a stool. "Sorry, mom."

Mara harrumphs and bends down to see through the oven at whatever it is she's baking. Ethan eyed her curiously, searching up his brain for a conversation starter. He found none. At times like this, he wished Cole would just hurry up and go down.