Chapter 14

Midoriya squirmed a little as Nezu pulled his phone from him, upset from being caught. He currently laid under  his bed, peering at his teacher with dull green eyes. His face was flushed and his body felt achey, but other then that he was fine. "Midoriya, can you come out from under your bed?" the gray animal asked, maintaining eye contact. "No." he pouted, crossing his arms slightly.

Nezu honestly didn't know how exactly his student had crawled under this bed, but he did it. Nezu couldn't reach him from any 3 sides of the bed so he only barely managed to get Midoriya's phone. "Midoriya, if you come out I will let you.... Put flower crowns on all of the hero course students next week" The greenette thought for a moment, before lurching forward and meeting noses with Nezu. "Ok." As Nezu backed up, Midoriya shimmed out from the bed, looking like an inchworm.

"Okay, what we doin tomorrrrroowwwwww" Midoriya droned, flipping over onto his back. "You are resting. I am going to make sure you rest." Nezu replied, settling into an armchair nearby. Midoriya pouted, shakily getting up. "What bout school?" The kid asked, tilting his head and leaning over his nightstand. "Midoriya.... You have a fever of 39.11 degrees, if you went to school Chiyo would kill you." The two existed in silence, Nezu staring at his student praying to every god he would rest.

The boy pouted and started traveling around the room and to the door. Nezu cautiously followed the boy, watching every irregularity in his steps. Midoriya's footsteps were silent as he jumped onto the couch, curling up and reaching out for his drawing tablet. Nezu found himself grabbing a few blankets and placing them around the boy, much like a nest and then finding another chair and sitting in it with a blanket across his legs.

Nezu's eyes flickered from the television to the small teen, watching both quietly. His paws thumbed the ends of the blanket as he looked back at the news.

"How did I meet shu again?? Ne zucchini?" the small boy asked, stylis off of his tablet and pointed at the gray furred creature. "Ah well....

-Two years back-

This mall was in chaos, shops burning, the glass ceiling shattering, walls crumbling and lights flickering while shattered. A few people laid dead by the villains' feet, mercilessly slaughtered and cut to the ground. Nezu's dark eyes flickered over the scene, blood staining his nostrils with a toxic metal scent. He mumbled directions into his receiver, watching a few heroes cautiously follow his directions.

He was never this close to a scene, usually father out and airborne but he guessed this was easier. Endeavor was currently a distraction, taunting the main villain and duelling with him, their fire out of control together. A smaller figure quietly made his way towards the mouse and the fights, a notebook clutched in his hand and his clothes slightly charred.

"Nezu-san..... The panels above the grouping are unstable. The electricity manipulating villain's... uh.. The one with a bird mask... quirk could be manipulated by metal. The water one..um the sheep mask, is probably weak to the wolf's quirk so you could direct that at them. After doing that if you collapsed the ceiling it could knock them out or stun them long enough to capture them." the kid said, interrupted by coughing a few time.

Nezu thought for a moment, but he relayed the knowledge to the heroes. They quickly worked out the plan, just in time for Endeavor to hit the ringleader hard enough to knock them out. The heroes quickly wrapped the villains, and Nezu watched as the boy tried to slip away. A few cheers rang out and the heroes gave Nezu the publicity, saying it was his plan.

Nezu made out quickly enough, his eyes scanning for the boy again. He saw the boy giving a shy wave, leaning on the side of a building. "Have you had time to get medical care?" He asked quickly looking at the boy's burned hands. "Oh um no..... But they are focused on others right now and mine aren't that bad so..." The kid trailed off, going on some sort of tangent.

"Well I won't bring you to the medic carts but how about you come with me? I must say it was quite an impressive plan you had. I would like to chat with you more." Nezu offered, sticking out a paw and showing off his toe beans. The little boy chirped and smiled, taking the hero's paw.

The two wandered down to UA, Midoriya getting quieter and starting to sign. Nezu didn't seem to mind at all, which gave the teen a relaxed posture. The kid finger spelled out his name upon getting into UA, the pro hero noticing slight burns on the boys hands. As the two walked through the hall Nezu noticed more and more things off with the boy namely: eye bags, scars, dull eyes, comepletely unkempt hair and the likes. It bothered the gray furred creature as he opened the door to the infirmary, already having messaged Chiyo about the situation.

Midoriya tried to hide behind Nezu... but the difference of height didn't allow that. So he took to awkwardly waving, before Chiyo walked over and kissed the back of his hand, all his injuries healing. She lead the boy to a bed, him easily resting it in. Nezu gave her his name, to which she looked up the medical info of.

Her face had morphed to horror, showing Nezu the report. It consisted of the fact the boy had gotten out of the hopisital a few days ago due to a suicide attempt, having multiple burns and broken bones over a period of time and probably the most unsettling of all was this.

7 years ago to this day, he was admitted with burns, broken bones, cracked skull and a bunch of muscle bruising. His mind drifted backwards, a single thought plauging it.

7 years ago was when Flash Fire was attacked, killing him and his wife. Their son had barely survived, having severe damage done to him. He had dissapeared after being discharged, not going to his foster home.

OH LORD THIS WAS HISASHI'S MISSING KID

Nezu mentally groaned, stepping out and calling Tsukauchi, the detecive quickly agreeing coming over. All Nezu had to do was keep the kid here, which was easy but they ran into a problem when the kid woke up. The kid's eyes seemed duller as he stood up, Nezu tossing over a spare training outfit. "Your other clothes are sort of ruined, wear those." To which the boy insisted that they didn't have to waste it on him and that he was fine.

The conversation lasted 45 minutes, Midoriya saying he didn't need them and Nezu wanting him to take the fuckin thing already. Appearantly Ectoplasm had forgotten something, but entered the Nurse Office to see the commotion.

"Principal Nezu... Who is that?" He asked, staring at the kid with judging eyes. The boy twitched under the pro's expression, wilting suddenly. Nezu didn't know how to explain the situation so he did the most logical (illogial) thing.

"Oh yea, this is my new student now." To which Ectoplasm looked scared at and the man backed away.

"That'ssss wack!" Midoriya shouted, throwing a pillow to nowhere in patuicullar. Nezu chuckled, standing up to make some tea. "Our lives are strange, but I am glad we crossed paths..... Midoriya"

-------------------------

https://discord.gg/aAX8KhY