Chapter 24

Shigiraki hid a smirk behind his father's hand, looking at the familiar colored hair in front of him. The privacy mask lowered slightly, taking down a deep sip of whiskey.

"So, have you dealt with the little pest that eats our vegetables?" He asked, speaking in code so as to not raise the suspicion of the few daytime customers in the bar.

"Mmm, not yet. I might use a small hunting dog for it. Those tend to work well, but occasionally they turn into pests themselves." The curved lips replied,their hand absentmindly swirling the ice in the glass around.

"Right, what's the dog's name?"

"Alvah. She has been useful so far." The figure responded.

"Alvah? Why I thought she was one of the ones that failed the class." Shigaraki muttered, unamused.

"She did, but that doesnt mean she doesn't have strength. Her bite is strong."

"Right." Shigiraki nodded, slowly picking up a glass of water. "Have you found the cat? His sharp claws might help."

"I did but the cat is busy it seems. It's traveled to Hosu, and has been staying there for 3 more incidents. We might have to bring him in to tame him, but maybe our little pest could be an added deal. The pest was trained by him after all."

Shigiraki scratched at his neck, ready to hear more. The person in front of him smiled. Getting up from the seat.

"Sorry little cousin, but I have to get going. The little bush needs more trimming~" The figure teased as they pushed in the chair, silently placing the glass in front of Kurogiri.

"What if you cut it too much?" Shigiraki asked, staring into his shot glass.

"Not that big of a deal, it was already partially dead when I found it anyways." They moved their hand in a goodbye, exiting the bar.

Midoriya sat nervously next to Bakugo, having moved down as the purple haired teen went to fight. His and Kaminari's battle was the first of the newly shortened bracket.

He sat silently, swinging his feet and biting at his lip. His hands palmed at his skin as he tried to focus on the match, but his brain kept running.

He felt his thoughts drift to Stain, which eventually went back to when he was kidnapped. He rubbed at his eyes, a headache forming behind them as everything suddenly felt bright.

Bakugo placed a hand on his shoulder, causing the green haired boy to jump in his seat. He forced his green eyes to make contact with red, before he returned them to the match, a loud shout coming from it.

A ditzed out Kaminari laid on the ground as Shinso attempted to hold him down. Sparks of electricity buzzed off the blonde occusionally, making it difficult to completely keep his hands on Kaminari.

Midoriya stood up as soon as Midnight announced the match, briskly getting out of the 1-A section of students. He made his way down the hallway, not paying attention to where he went. Which eventually caused him to bump into someone.

"My apologies, young Mi-"

"Sor-" the apology flew out of his mouth before he could stop it. His eyes looked up to the dark abyss of Toshinori's, the both of them staring for a second.

An uncomfortable air sat around them, Midoriya weakly holding his arms close to his chest. His muscles felt tense under the number one hero's sight, and he slowly gritted out a question.

"What are you doing here?" Midoriya managed to get out in a calm voice, no stuttering or weird silences.

"I wanted to see how the students were doing in person, speaking of which. How have you been recently? I heard you are slowly being integrated into Class 1-A."