1: Here We Go

BEEEP
BEEEP
BEEEP
BEEEP
BE-

" Shut the fuck up! " I yell exasperatedly to my annoying alarm clock. I am many things but I am not and never will be a morning person. But I have to go to my classes so I reluctantly get up to do my morning routine.

I grab my clothes and everything else I'll need to get ready when I head in the bathroom to see that my roommate and best friend Candice is already in there.

" Candice what the hell?! I need to get ready!! " I yell while banging on the door when she opens the door almost making me knock on her big ass head.

" Damn, you ain't even gotta be that loud pinche de puta! " She whisper-yells under her breath.

" Uh huh, callate la boca pendeja " I say loud enough so she can hear me. Candice is Afro-Latina so her ass is always finding some time to say some slick shit about me in spanish. I'm also latina but only by a third. My mama is Afro-Latina while my daddy is just African American. But I know multiple languages because I studied to be an international translator for a couple years before I switched majors.

After I'm done in the bathroom and I'm all dressed I go in the kitchen to make me some coffee. When I get in there I see Candice at the table hurriedly eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

" Gurl hurry up, we're gonna be late for class. And I'm not tryna have no homework, cuz we already gon have a late night tonight at work. " I groan out as I slip on my shoes

" Shut up, I'm comin I'm comin. " she says as she dumps her bowl in the sink and puts her shoes on too and we head out to her car.

" I can't wait til my car gets out of the shop so I can finally stop riding in this dump you call a car! " I say while sliding a styrofoam plate of pizza off of the passenger seat.

" If yo ungrateful ass don't shut the fuck up! I ain't even got to give yo ass a ride. " She points out giving me a matter-a-fact look.

" Whatever just shut up and drive so we don't end up late. " I say while rolling my eyes at her. And then we're off to a boring ass day of school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we finally get home for school we rush into the apartment hurrying to get everything we need to get ready for work. Ok so don't judge us but we've been working at the local strip called Death Row as strippers for about 3 years now. I know the name is weird as he'll but our lame ass slogan is 'Welcome to Death Row, where our wings are almost as deadly as our women.' Like I said lame. Our lame creepy ass manager, Roberto came up with it, and when I used to just work there as a waitress he made us say it to every costumer. But the job pays the bills and it isn't as bad as you may think, trust me.

As we get our bags we leave out of the house at 7:47 PM with only 13 minutes to make it on time. And we can definitely not be late today because the big boss Mr. Romano is coming in with a few of his friends to make sure the club is the club is running smoothly. And I can't lie I'm low-key excited to finally meet this so called " sexy as sin " no messin' around boss man. And I guess today is my lucky day.

We make it just in time with 2 minutes to spare as we rush to the side of the building to the back entrance where you can get to the dressing rooms. Then I see my favorite bouncer is working tonight.

" Alex, wassup baby? " I say with a big smile while going in for a hug. And he gives me a small smile as he pats my back while Candice goes past us and it the dressing room. Alessandro or Alex doesn't say much except for when it comes to me. He's the literal definition of ' the strong silent type '. But I love him, he's really the only one that makes sure us girls are alright. The other bouncers couldn't give a shit, except for Marcus but even he barely does his job.

" Nothin' much principessa. You ready for tonight? " He asked me using my stage/nickname. When we first became friends he called me princess and with me not knowing what stage name would fit me I decided to go for Pretty Princess.

" Yeah, another day another dollar Alex. You know how it is. " I answer him dryly. But little did I know that this was the day that my life changed forever.

" Alright bambina good luck tonight. " He says giving me his tight lipped smile.

" Thanks Alex I'll to you later. " I say giving him a pat on the back as I go past him into the dressing room to get ready for my number. While playing Helix Jump on my phone my manager Roberto comes in looking panicked.

" Princess! " He yells out breathing heavily.

" What the hell is yo problem Rob? " I say genuinely curious and surprised. I have NEVER seen Rob be out of breath in my life!

" I have a different job for you. " He tells me slowly regaining the little strength he has.

" What is it? "

" I need you to do a private show for the boss and his friends. " He say and that sentence alone almost gives me a heart attack.

" Why me?! "

" Because you're our best girl and the boss asked for the best. "

" Actually if it's the best he's looking for then trust me, he's not talking about her. " This bitch Brianna says snarkily. I don't know what the fuck her problem is but she's always hated me.

" Shut the fuck up, no one was even talkin to yo ass! " I hear Candice yell from somewhere in the room.

" Exactly. " I say rolling my eyes at Brianna.

" Oh, shut up Candy I wasn't even talking to you! " Brianna yells back. And then her and Candice go back and forth while I tune them out. Candice's stage name is Candy for reasons I don't even wanna know!

" Anyway Rob, can't you pick someone else? " I whine.

" No Princess it has to be you because I'll be damned if I get fired because you don't wanna do your job! " He spits back at me.

" Fine. But I don't have another routine, so how will my music be in the room?  And then where and when? " I ask giving in.

" Go on the private elevator and go to the top floor, and go into the room with the double doors. And you have to be there in less than 10 minutes. Oh and because that's a special room all you have to do is press the button by the left door and your music will ply because I already sent it in. " He tells me then leaves.

I rush to do my makeup considering the fact that I'm still lookin a lil hit right now. After I'm done I put my mask on because all the girls are required to so no one knows who we really are. After that I slip on my 6-inch heels and head out into the club to the private elevator and follow Rob's instructions until I'm standing outside of the two double doors. As I collect myself I press the button by the left door and as soon as I hear the music start I also hear a whole bunch hoots and hollers from the men inside.

" Alright bitch, you got this. "

A/N: Hey, thanks for reading the first chapter of my book. This my first actual book on Wattpad. I have another but it's a book of my own personal poems, and I would appreciate it if you gave that one a read as well. I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors there are in the book. I'm a fast typer which causes some of my words to come out wrong or misspelled. But anyways thanks for reading and I'll make sure to update soon!