15: Disrespectful

A/N: ⚠Mildly Gory Content Ahead⚠

Mari's POV

We're halfway through Dante's month long trial period and I don't really know how to feel about the fact that I want it to be longer. Like of course things haven't bee peaches and cream, and I didn't expect it to be, but I thought I'd be happier or relieved that it was coming to an end.

Right now he planned a little movie night for us at his house.

I'd never had someone plan a date like this before so I was a bit iffy on whether or not I wanted to do it but Dante convinced me. He wanted a night for us that would be mellow and chill. And to be honest I kind off needed that right now.

My graduation was in a couple months so me and Candice have been studying for our upcoming exams. And I don't know ever since me and Dante kind of got into it about me quitting at the club I've actually thought about it.

I felt like stripping was my way to take back the reigns of my life. But shockingly being with Dante has been that for me.

He allows me to make my own decisions no matter how he feels about. by them. And that's just something that Ray never did. And I'm slowly realizing that I don't need to stay single or even strip to be independent and in control of my life.

I was packing my overnight bag for Dante's when he texted me.

D💘: Hey sorry something came up, but I'm sending a car to come pick you up and you can just wait at the house for me since I know you kept the spare key I lent you.

Damn, I mean I actually did mean to give it back to him.... eventually.

Me: Alright, but don't take too long ok, I'm kind of tired and I don't want to fall asleep on you.

D💘: Oh I'm not worried about that. I'd find ways to wake you up.

Oh really? Well, this shit just got interesting.

Me: Oh is that right Mr. Romano?

D💘: Damn right Miss Jacobson.

Me: Well fuck, now you got a gurl all hot and bothered so try your hardest to come home in time.

I'm smiling biting on my nail as my eyes slightly widen at his next text.

D💘: Mmm, home. I like the sound of that.

Me: Yeah yeah, just hurry up and bring ya ass.

D💘: Yes ma'am.

I blow out a breath regaining my composure after my slip up.

I'm getting too comfortable with all of this for it to only be one month.

I put my phone in my back pocket, grab my bag, and my house keys then head out of my room to let Candice know I'm leaving. When I make my way down stairs I see Alex leaning on the side of an SUV on his phone when he looks up and gives me a small smile.

"Hey principessa."

"Sup Alex, you're the driver he sent?" I ask the obvious as he holds the back door open for me.

"Yeah." He answers as I get in and wait for him make his way around the vehicle and into the car before I ask him my next question.

"So why are you driving me to his house? I thought you were just a bouncer at his club."

He pulls away as I sit my bag on the floor. He looks back at me in the rearview before answering me.

"Well, it's not that simple. I actually do a lot more than that. I actually started bouncing for the club right before you started working there." He says looking at me once again as we stop at a red light. "But that's pretty much just a side gig. If you haven't noticed I'm there when you get there but I'm not there when you leave."